Health & Safety Policy
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT OF INTENT BY THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE
I am totally committed to ensuring that RAFCTE is a progressive and pro-active organisation which cares for the wellbeing of every employee and all those who may be involved in, or affected by, any of our operations, and where everyone plays their part. I embrace an open and fair safety culture, and encourage everyone to report Health and Safety issues so that we can learn from their experience.
My Health and Safety Policy is based on 4 'Core Values':
- Health and Safety at Work (HSW) is a responsibility shared by all employees;
- People safety is our highest priority
- Health and Safety can, and will, be effectively managed;
- Every work related injury and illness can, and should, be prevented
As an organisation, RAFCTE will comply with its statutory duty to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety, and welfare at work of all its employees, the general public, visitors, contractors and any other persons who may be affected by our undertakings. Everybody is to play their part by:
- complying with the HSW Act (1974) and all RAFCTE safety standards
- taking reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by what they do, or do not do, and to work with them to ensure that their safety duties are also met.
- using given safety measures and provisions, and not intentionally or recklessly interfere or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare.
- promoting working conditions which will ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, a healthy and safe working environment. This is to be achieved through a systematic process of hazard identification, risk assessment and the implementation and use of control measures.
- monitoring and reviewing our systems periodically, making any changes needed to ensure continuous improvement of standards.
Health and Safety is to be an enabling part of every aspect of RAFCTE business and is to be managed with the same determination that is shown in delivering other key objectives of the Company. I will exercise my HSW responsibilities through the Company Executives who are to apply my HSW Policy in their areas of responsibility through their chains of command.
The responsibilities, organisation and arrangements for HSW are contained in the RAFCTE Health and Safety Manual. All employees are to be aware of and comply with its contents, and are to bring it to the attention of anybody else as required, to ensure its full communication.