Job Title: Air Operations Manager
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Permanent full-time role
Scampton Airshow Limited is proud to be working with Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises (RAFCTE) to hire their Air Operations Manager. RAFCTE is perhaps best known for organising and running the Royal International Air Tattoo at Fairford, Gloucestershire each July which attracts in excess of 150,000 visitors and is the largest military air show in the world.
RAFCTE raises funds through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo, the Royal Air Force Autumn Concert tour and also provides specialist support to other air shows. These funds drive and enable its mission to promote the RAF, support its people (now and in the future) and encourage aviation related education of youth. It is a growing and ambitious organisation with a team dedicated to further its cause and ensure its ongoing success.
About the role:
We're now seeking a talented Air Operations Manager to help RAFCTE achieve its objectives.
The Air Operations Manager is a vital role which reports directly into the Head of Air Operations. The role is unusual in that it is focused on the delivery of a new airshow -'Scampton Airshow' operating from RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire; the home of the Red Arrows.
The role is based at the company's offices near Fairford but there is a requirement to travel to Scampton regularly on expenses; this commitment could be as much as two days a week. This is a diverse role and will suit someone who thrives on pace, pressure and who would love to be part of a high profile organisation.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Planning, administering and ensuring the safe and successful delivery of all air operations elements of the Scampton airshow
- Ensuring that the air display is wholly compliant with the appropriate regulations
- Cover all aspects from the pre-event documentation, aircrew reception, engineering and airfield services including Air Traffic Control
- Management of aircrew accommodation and transportation
- Assisting in the design and content of the air display itself
We're looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Operational and strategic aviation experience
- Detailed knowledge of UK airshow regulatory requirements
- A focused professional who is a pragmatic, agile thinker
- Well organised, capable of managing high volumes of work and multi-tasking
- A commitment to excellence with appropriate ambition and pride
- Robust written and oral communication skills and IT literate (particularly with Office applications)
- An ability to think strategically, creatively, solve problems and be a self-starter
- Flexible and adaptable with regards to doing whatever needs doing especially on the run up to shows
- An understanding of the structure of the Royal Air Force and the world's air arms
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft types and capabilities
It would also be ideal if you had
- Degree level education
- Experience of events management
The challenges of the role means we are looking for a special individual who has credibility within an aviation environment. You may be a professional aviator or engineer who is looking to have more impact in a smaller organisation or you may be someone who craves more variety than you're getting in your current role. You may even be a senior experienced individual who wants to utilise your broad aviation experience in an organisation with a real mission and purpose beyond just making a profit or delivering shareholder value.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive package of salary, discretionary bonus scheme, private medical, pension and 20 days holiday (with additional days to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Friday 16th December 2016