Business Development Sales Assistant
Job Title: Business Development Sales Assistant
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Full Time (Fixed Term Contract - expires 28 July 2018)
We are the commercial arm of an RAF Charity that promotes the Royal Air Force, supports its people now and into the future and encourages air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth.
RAFCTE is perhaps best known for organising and running the Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT) here in Fairford, Gloucestershire each July which attracts in excess of 150,000 visitors and is the largest military air show in the world. We raise funds primarily through the staging of RIAT, the Royal Air Force Autumn Concert Tour and providing specialist support to other air shows.
About the role:
We now seek a talented all-rounder to join the Business Development Team who is enthusiastic, outgoing, dynamic and results-focused. This is a great opportunity for anyone wishing to progress their career in project management, sales and events; working with a well-established and highly regarded business.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a sales orientated, customer facing team assisting with a wide range of challenging assignments to deliver on time and within budget. A flexible and proactive approach to tasks and responsibilities is vital for this role. Strong project planning and advanced Microsoft Excel skills are also essential.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the department to strengthen and consolidate existing business and develop new commercial opportunities.
- Assisting in promoting, selling and managing showground Trade & Exhibition opportunities at
- RIAT from prospect through to final delivery at the show.
- Assisting in identifying and creating new revenue opportunities at RIAT by proactive
- communication and follow up.
- Working alongside our Commercial departments to ensure all sales activities are accurately
- recorded, invoiced and plotted using Excel-based systems.
- Working closely with the Business Development Executive to ensure all customer facing
- activities are coordinated, effective and delivered in accordance with business plans.
- Working in a variety of roles with varying responsibilities during event delivery.
To be suitable for this role you will have:
- Experience of outdoor events/activities/exhibitions
- Sales-focussed and customer-facing experience
- Strong IT skills - with advanced Excel and Word skills
- A creative and imaginative approach with an ability to contribute ideas and vision
- Strong organisational and negotiation skills
- An ability to prioritise tasks and deliver to agreed timescales and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills; experience using modelling techniques for the preparation of presentations
- Good copywriting skills
- An ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal)
- A proactive and solution-focussed approach
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- A trustworthy, reliable and honest approach
- Experience of the retail/trade sector
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company Pension
- Online training opportunities
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter and current CV highlighting their suitability for this role.
26th January 2018
Interviews will take place on Friday 2nd February 2018 at Douglas Bader House, Fairford, GL7 4RB