Role Title: RIAT Campsite Warden
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Role Type: Temporary (11 days from 7 July to 17 July inclusive)
We are the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprise whose mission is to promote the Royal Air Force, to support its people now and into the future, to encourage air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth.
We achieve this, primarily, through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo, the Scampton Air Show and Royal Air Force Concerts, which enables the Charitable Trust to give grants to satisfy its objectives.
About the role:
The RIAT Campsite Warden post is a new position responsible for the planning, implementation and management of a new commercial venture for the company - the RIAT Campsite. The intent is for the campsite to have approximately 750 pitches for a combination of caravans, motorhomes and tents. The campsite will reflect the highly-prized reputation of the Air Tattoo. The site will contain all the expected amenities (toilets, showers, drinking water, and waste-water disposal facilities), a limited number of electricity hook-ups and a social centre offering food, drink and entertainment. There will be a small team of volunteers on hand to assist during the period the campsite is in operation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person or a couple, preferably with experience of running a campsite to plan, implement and manage this exciting venture. The commitment will be for regular contact with the company to develop the plan and arrange the relevant planning permissions, permits and licenses for the campsite. This is in addition to a commitment
of being on site for up to 11 days from 7 July to 17 July 2017 inclusive.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Planning the design of the site including assisting in the scaling of utilities, their
ordering and siting.
- Assisting in the application of relevant permissions and permits.
- Marking out pitches, allocating them whilst ensuring spacing adheres to campsite regulations.
- Management of the contracted delivery of the food/drink offer and social facility.
- Assisting volunteers with any queries/problems relating the campsite.
- Checking the facilities daily and reporting any faults/issues.
- Ensuring the campsite is kept clean and tidy.
a minimum criteria you will need:
- Proven experience in managing projects.
organisational skills with the ability to
- Strong Customer Service skills
- The ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands.
- A "can do" attitude and be willing to get involved in a variety of tasks.
- Strong communication skills.
- To be a good team player who is happy to work alone when required.
It would also be ideal if you had
- Experience in campsite management
- Experience of events management
What we offer:
- We offer a salary of £2,000 for the delivery of this project
- 2 complimentary tickets to the Air Tattoo.
- A pitch on the campsite for your tent, caravan or motorhome.
Closing date midday Monday 27th February.