Comms & PR Executive
Job Title: Comms & PR Executive
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Permanent full-time role
We are the commercial arm of an RAF Charity that promotes the Royal Air Force, supports its people now and into the future and encourages air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth.
We raise funds primarily, through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo (the largest military airshow in the world), the Royal Air Force Autumn Concert tour and providing specialist support to other airshows.
About the role:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Comms & PR Executive to join our small but friendly team. Reporting directly to the Public Relations Manager, a key element of the role is to assist in the design and delivery of the PR/Comms Strategy as well as providing departmental support across a wide range of stakeholder engagement activities throughout the year.
This is an excellent and unique opportunity for a personable and creative individual. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a similar type of role and will possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Public Relations Manager to develop existing and new communication channels to engage with RAFCTE stakeholders
- Delivering to the RAF Charitable Trust's Comms/PR Service Level Agreement, including press release generation, copywriting, and the development of initiatives and activities that promote the Trust and build awareness.
- Building current and new relationships with the media and key influencers to maximise opportunities to promote it as a brand leader.
- Producing the monthly Fairford Focus volunteer newsletter.
- Managing RIAT's media ticket database and distribution.
- Providing online/SM editorial/promotional content across all RAFCTE activities/events/projects.
- Supporting the Public Relations Manager in developing strong and positive community relations through regular contact and briefings with key representatives
- Organising and staging press conferences, media previews, stakeholder forums and briefings
- Helping to deliver RAF in Concert Tour PR Plan.
- Helping promote the Royal Air Force and its heritage
- As a minimum criteria you will need:
- Two years' PR experience working either in-house or at an agency
- Excellent copywriting skills for a variety of online and offline platforms - including newsletters, press releases, feature articles, Social Media
- Knowledge and experience of using digital channels to effectively engage customers
- To demonstrate the ability to write content in different tones of voice for each target audience
- To be able to demonstrate working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- To have previously managed databases
It would also be desirable if you had:
- The ability think creatively
- A good 'news sense' and be able to 'sell in' stories to the media
- Knowledge of the event/charity sectors
- CIPR qualification or equivalent
- InDesign/Excel experience
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to understand audience requirements and needs
What we offer:
We offer a competitive package of salary circa £21k per annum, bonus scheme, pension and 20 days holiday (with additional days to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV to moc/etcfar//tssasrep
Sunday, September 18, 2016