Communications & PR Executive
COMMS & PR EXECUTIVE
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time (part-time negotiable)
Salary: £21,000 to £23,000 per annum (FTE)
We are the commercial arm of the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust - an RAF charity that Promotes the Royal Air Force, Supports its people now and into the future and Encourages air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth. We are best known for organising and running the Royal International Air Tattoo in Fairford, Gloucestershire each July which attracts in excess of 150,000 visitors and is the largest military airshow in the world. We raise funds primarily through the staging of the Air Tattoo, the annual 'RAF in Concert' UK tour as well as providing specialist support to other airshows.
About the role:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Comms & PR Executive to join our small but friendly team. Reporting directly to the Public Relations Manager, a key element of the role is to assist in the design and delivery of the PR/Comms Strategy as well as providing departmental support across a wide range of stakeholder engagement activities throughout the year.
This is an excellent and unique opportunity for a personable and creative individual. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a similar type of role and will possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
The job will involve the usual tasks of a busy PR office within a leading event-focused company so we are looking for an imaginative and enthusiastic person with bags of energy. The role also involves event management as well as providing admin and organisation support in managing a 50-strong team of volunteers. A good relationship-builder, if you can think on your feet and are as comfortable dealing with senior military figures as with the latest TV celebs then you might just be the person we are looking for.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Public Relations Manager to develop effective stakeholder engagement strategies via existing as well as new communication channels
- Providing PR support to the RAF Charitable Trust including press release generation, copywriting, and the development of initiatives and activities that promote the Trust and build awareness
- Building current and new relationships with the media and key influencers to protect RAFCTE's reputation and maximise opportunities to promote it as a brand leader.
- Managing RIAT's media database and media pass distribution system.
- Providing online/Social Media editorial/promotional content across all RAFCTE activities.
- Supporting the Public Relations Manager in developing strong and positive community relations through regular contact and briefings with key representatives
- Growing and managing databases of consumer and media contacts
- Organising and staging press conferences, media previews, stakeholder forums and briefings
- Overseeing post-RIAT customer engagement communications
To be suitable for this role you will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have a track record in PR and /or Journalism
- Have experience in Event Management
- Have experience in Digital media, budget management and database management
- Have strong and accurate copy writing skills
- Have excellent verbal communication
- Have strong creative skills
- Be a good relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills; comfortable with communicating with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Be versatile and able to manage a diverse workload with competing priorities
- Be highly organised and a keen problem-solver with the ability to use your own initiative
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Scheme (Discretionary)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Childcare Vouchers
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Online Training Package
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter and current CV, highlighting their suitability for this role.
Monday 26th February 2018.