Health & Safety Manager
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Permanent part-time role (2 days a week between 1st October and 30th April and then full time between 1st May to 30th September)
We are the commercial arm of an RAF Charity that promotes the Royal Air Force, supports its people now and into the future and encourages air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth.
We raise funds primarily, through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo (the largest military air show in the world), the Royal Air Force Autumn Concert tour and providing specialist support to other air shows.
About the role:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety Manager to join our team to help drive the organisation forward ensuring that Safety is at the centre of all that we do.
This is an excellent and unique opportunity for a personable individual with a natural ability to forge and maintain working relationship at all levels. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the military aviation safety advisory environment along with experience in event safety management.
This is a part-time role of 2 days a week between 1st October and 30th April and then full time between 1st May to 30th September.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Production, review and amendment of the Company H&S Policy and the Chief Executive H&S Policy Statement of Intent.
- Co-ordination and production of Risk Assessments for all activities
- Provision of advice relating to all matters pertaining to H&S legislation across all levels
- Liaising with external agencies on all matters relating to Health and Safety
- Provision of Health and Safety training
- Assisting the Company Secretary in undertaking his H&S governance related duties
We're looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Proven track record in the military aviation safety advisory environment
- Experience of event safety management
- Current knowledge of H&S and other associated legislation (including CAA and MAA Regulatory Articles)
- Competent user of Microsoft applications, including MS Sharepoint
- Ability to work under pressure
- Competent written and verbal communicator
- Ability to negotiate and form relationships at all levels
- Ability to motivate and lead
- To be persuasive and tenacious
What we offer:
We offer a competitive package of salary £35,000 - £40,000 pro rata, discretionary bonus scheme, pension, private medical and 20 days holiday (with additional days to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Friday 16th December 2016