Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract, full-time
Reporting To: Head of Air Operations
We are the commercial arm of an RAF Charity that promotes the Royal Air Force, supports its people now and into the future and encourages
air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth.
We raise funds primarily, through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo (the largest military air show in the world), Scampton Airshow, the Royal Air Force Autumn Concert tour and providing specialist support to other air shows.
About the role:
We are now seeking an enthusiastic Logistics Assistant to join the Air Operations team on a full time, 9 month fixed term contract.
The successful candidate will be highly
organised and comfortable liaising with aviation industry contacts at all levels. A key part of the role will be ensuring that all requests for equipment and facilities are submitted accurately and within timeframes set. In
addition the successful candidate will be responsible for the receipt and siting of equipment in accordance with requirements. A flexible approach to tasks and responsibilities is paramount, as is teamwork and attention to detail.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Compiling and managing the department logistics, power, IT and communications (telephones) requirements
- Tracking and monitoring budget spends ensuring they are kept within financial targets
- Liaising with internal and external contacts ensuring that all deliveries and equipment are
sited according to requirements
- Liaising with external agencies for the handover and takeover of equipment and facilities
- Raising purchase orders
As a minimum the criteria you will need:
- IOSH Managing Safely (or equivalent)
- 4 GCSEs or equivalent
- Computer literate with working knowledge & experience of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience of equipment receipt &
- Experience of equipment inventory control
- Experience of procurement and purchase
- An understanding of HASAW Act 1974 (and associated legislation) and implementation in a working environment
It would also be ideal if you were:
- Counter-Balance forklift qualified
What we offer:
We offer a competitive package of
salary of £1540 per month, pension and 20 days holiday pro rata.
Closing date 14 April 2017.