Air Tattoo CREW
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly, confident people who will enjoy engaging with our visitors from around the world. Volunteers are asked to commit to 4 days from Thursday 12 July to Sunday 15 July 2018. Ideally, you will have customer services/front of house experience, but training will be given.
- Meet and greet visitors, welcoming them to the show
- Give visitors information and directions to important/interesting locations/activities by ascertaining their needs.
- Interact with visitors at all opportunities, for example offering to take photos of families, 'high-fiving' crowds with large red aircraft 'hands'
- Help manage queues when required and provide a distraction to queuing visitors by chatting
tothem and answering their questions
- Be able to identify visitors who might need help/advice and be able to assist
- Have extensive knowledge of what's on the showground and where it is.
- Know what time key activities are (flying displays, Red Arrows meet & greet etc.)
- Know what to do in the event of an emergency (visitor collapses, lost or found child, etc. and who to call on for assistance)
- Thank visitors as they leave the show
Why volunteer to be part of the Air Tattoo CREW team?
- Be part of a prestigious international event
- Great experience, meet new friends and like-minded people
- Uniform, full training and props/tools (crib sheets, maps, stickers etc.) provided
- Accommodation (bunk rooms or campsite) provided if not local
- Three meals a day plus snacks
- 2 complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo to give to family or friends
- Invitation to the end of show 'Salute' party with other volunteers and aircrew
- Great opportunity to gain new skills and experience
- From Thursday 12 July to Sunday 15 July (Monday morning if attending the 'Salute' Party)
- Able to attend the
two weekendtraining sessions (approx. 3-4 hours each) on 28 April and 23 June
- Time to commit to reading information and completing an online training course (approx. 6 hours)