General Volunteer Position
Please be aware that we have limited availability and whilst we encourage people to apply, we may not be able to fulfill all requests.
Job Title: General Volunteer Position
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Volunteer
We are a Charitable Trust Enterprise whose mission is to promote the Royal Air Force, to support its people now and into the future, to encourage air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth.
We achieve this, primarily, through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo, the Royal Air Force Concerts and the giving of grants to satisfy the Trust's objects.
The airshow is mainly staffed by a dedicated team of volunteers (now circa 2,500) from all over the world who come together in July to be a part of the world's biggest airshow. Through their tremendous efforts, the Air Tattoo is now recognised as the world's largest and most significant event in the airshow calendar.
Volunteers are involved in every aspect of the show, from greeting UK and international military aircrew on arrival to helping the general public with queries.
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly, confident people who work well in teams and are happy to volunteer for any role that they may be suitable for.
- Be part of a prestigious international event
- Great experience, meet new friends and like-minded people
- Uniform (role dependent) and training provided
- Accommodation (bunk rooms or campsite) provided if not local
- Three meals a day plus snacks
- 2 complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo to give to family or friends
- Invitation to the end of show 'Salute' party with other volunteers and aircrew
- Great opportunity to gain new skills and experience
What commitment is required?
- Minimum of 3 days - from 8-10 July 2016
- Some posts require individuals to commit more time dependent upon their specific roles.
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found HERE