RIAT Campsite Warden
The RIAT Campsite Warden post is a new volunteer position responsible for the planning, implementation and management of a new commercial venture for the company - the RIAT Campsite. With approximately 750 'pitches' accommodated around 1,500 'self-pitch' customers the intent is for the campsite to reflect the highly-prized reputation of the Air Tattoo. The site will contain all the expected amenities (toilets, showers), a limited number of electricity 'hook-ups' and a social centre offering food, drink and entertainment. There will be a small team of volunteers on hand to assist during the week running up to the event and on the Monday of the 'breakdown of the site.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person or a couple, preferably but not essentially with experience of running a campsite to plan, implement and manage this exciting venture. The commitment will be for regular contact with the company to develop the plan and arrange the relevant planning permissions, permits and licenses and around the airshow itself, a commitment of up to 11 days from 7 July to 17 July inclusive.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Planning the design of the site including assisting in the scaling of utilities, their ordering and siting.
- Assisting in the application of relevant permissions and permits.
- Marking out pitches, allocating them whilst ensuring spacing's adhere to campsite regulations.
- Management of the contracted delivery of the food/drink offer and social facility.
- Assisting volunteers with any queries/problems relating the campsite.
- Checking the facilities daily and reporting any faults/issues
- Ensuring the campsite is kept clean and tidy
Why volunteer to be part of the RIAT team?
- Be part of a prestigious international event
- Great experience, meet new friends and like-minded people
- Three meals a day plus snacks provided.
- 2 complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo to give to family or friends
- Invitation to the end of show 'Salute' party with other volunteers and aircrew
What commitment is required?
- Regular meetings, planning sessions throughout the year and attendance at the campsite from 7 July to Monday 17 July.