The safety of our customers and staff is of paramount importance and we will maintain robust security measures throughout the period of the Air Tattoo.
We continue to regularly review our security operations in conjunction with Gloucestershire & Wiltshire Constabularies together with the Ministry of Defence and Royal Air Force Police.
Understandably, enhancements will be made to our security operation in view of recent events. Our overriding message to members of the public attending the event is 'remain alert and report any concerns that you may have, promptly, to a member of staff'.
- Safety is - and always has been our number one priority - both in the air and on the ground.
- We work throughout the year with all the relevant authorities to make sure we have taken every reasonable measure towards running a safe airshow each year.
- The Air Tattoo operates under Military Aviation Authority (MAA) regulations as it is staged at RAF Fairford, a military air base.
- The Air Tattoo complies with all MAA regulations relating to UK air displays and, in a number of areas, exceeds these requirements.
- Whilst the Air Tattoo is not empowered to control the movement of people outside of the airfield, every effort will be made, through signage and other communication channels, to advise people beyond the perimeter fence of our display timings and that the best place to view the airshow is anywhere at a distance of 100 metres south of the southern edge of the runway.