Why Attend Friday?
Published: 14 Jul 2015
Friday 17 July will be the focus for our official commemorations marking the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain with a four hour flying display that will include the debut of our spectacular massed flypast of historic aircraft. The rest of the flying display can be viewed HERE.
- Controlled 'Pit Area' access - before and after the flying display (not open Saturday & Sunday)
- Debut of a special massed flypast of historic aircraft to commemorate the Battle of Britain
- Four hour flying display from 11am to 3pm (pit area is closed during this time) with aircraft arrivals and rehearsals before and after the flying display
- Full access to the east Showground from 7.30am to 6pm (click here for the map)
- RAF Village, Vintage Village, Techno Zone and Autodrome open, with the Vintage Village having a 'Battle of Britain' theme and expanded to include additional static aircraft, re-enactors and 'Friday only' features
- New airport style 'bendy bus' shuttle from the Green car park and entry point directly into the showground (2 minute journey)
- First Class Lounge, Aviation Club, Cotswold Club and Viewing Village Grandstand enclosures are available for an extra special day out
- Shuttle Bus from Swindon bus station to the Airshow (and return) will be running on the Friday - discounted combined shuttle bus and admission ticket available
- On Friday the Park & View Enclosures will only be accessible with a Friday 'Pit Day' admission ticket (advance purchase only).