USAFE Air Power In Special Flypast
Published: 04 Jul 2017
- A KC-135R Stratotanker, the ubiquitous air-to-air refuelling platform that has served the USAF since the late 1950s, providing vital support on worldwide operations. This aircraft will come from the 100th Air Refueling Wing/351st Air Refueling Squadron at RAF Mildenhall, Suffolk.
- A C-130J-30 Hercules, the stretched version of the latest derivative of the hugely successful C-130 transport. It is provided by the 86th Airlift Wing/37th Airlift Squadron stationed at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
- An F-15C Eagle air superiority fighter, one of the most successful combat aircraft in USAF history, as operated by the 48th Fighter Wing/493rd Fighter Squadron from RAF Lakenheath, Suffolk.
- An F-15E Strike Eagle swing-role fighter, a highly versatile combat aircraft that saw its combat debut in the 1991 Gulf War and has been a mainstay of USAF operations ever since. Like the F-15C, this jet hails from the 48th Fighter Wing at RAF Lakenheath.
- An F-16CM Fighting Falcon, flown by the 52nd Fighter Wing/480th Fighter Squadron at Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany, in both the air-to-air and air-to-ground roles with a focus on the suppression of enemy air defences (SEAD) mission.