The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust is the youngest member of the Royal Air Force family and has had a significant impact on the lives of many people.
Our strength lies in our ability to support such a wide range of projects and initiatives benefiting RAF serving personnel (both regulars and reserves), cadets and other young people and veterans.
The Trustees award grants to those people and projects that they assess to be most worthy of financial support and most closely aligned to the charitable objectives. They have awarded over £3.5 million since the Trust was formed in 2005.
The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust's mission is:
- to PROMOTE the Royal Air Force, to SUPPORT its people now and into the future and to ENCOURAGE air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth.
We do this by:
- Staging the Royal International Air Tattoo, the Royal Air Force Concerts and other similar activities
- Giving financial grants to satisfy the Trust's objects
- Funding scholarships and other awards
Who is eligible to apply for grants?
Charities and organisations that are part of the 'Royal Air Force family' are invited to submit bids for project based grants, which meet the Trust's mandate. Trustees meet quarterly to consider applications for grants. Apply for a Grant
How is money raised for the Trust?
The majority of our revenue is raised through the activities of the Trust's trading company, The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises, who organise, amongst other things, the world famous Royal International Air Tattoo and a prestigious national tour by the bands of the Royal Air Force each year.
For your peace of mind:
- We do not cold call asking for donations.
- We do not use any external data agencies to help us fundraise.
- We do not engage in street fundraising (chugging) or house-to-house fundraising (signing people up for direct debits or regular donations in the street or on their doorstep).
- We do not undertake street collections, although we do have collections at events managed by our trading company.
For further information, please email: moc/tcfar//rotcerid-tsurt
The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales with Charity No 210848
In this section....
- Apply for a Grant
Find details of how to apply for a grant and read our guidance notes.
- Scholarships and Awards
Details of Scholarships and Awards that we are developing for serving personnel, cadets & members of the wider RAF family
- Support our Work
Find out how you can help us to help others
- Where the Money Goes
See details of all the grants made by the Trust
All the latest news from the Trust
- History of the Trust
Read all about how we started
- Who's Who
Details of all our Trustees who give their time to support to work of the Trust
- Annual Reports and Accounts
A look at the latest figures and a round-up of our achievements
- Job Vacancies
Come and work for us!
- Contact Us
All the details to get in contact with us