TOTAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT POLICY STATEMENT OF INTENT
BY THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
I am committed to ensuring that RAFCTE is a progressive and pro-active organisation which cares for the wellbeing of every employee and all those who may be involved in, or affected by, any of our operations, and where everyone plays their part. I embrace an open and fair safety culture, and encourage everyone to report all Safety issues, both in the air and on the ground, so that we can learn from their experience.
My Total Safety Management Policy is based on 5 'Core Values':
- Safety is a responsibility shared by everybody;
- People safety is our highest priority;
- Safety can, and will, be effectively managed;
- Every work-related injury and illness can, and should, be prevented;
- All personnel in safety critical roles should be suitably qualified, experienced and where necessary, will have received specific training to be deemed competent to complete the tasks.
As an organisation, RAFCTE will comply with its statutory duty to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety, and welfare at work of all its employees, the general public, visitors, contractors and any other persons who may be affected by our undertakings. Furthermore, it will comply with the safety requirements of the Military Aviation Authority (MAA) and Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
Everybody is to play their part by:
- complying with the HSW Act (1974), MAA and CAA regulatory requirements, and all RAFCTE safety standards;
- taking reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by what they do, or do not do, and to work with them to ensure that their safety duties are also met;
- using given safety measures and provisions, and not intentionally or recklessly interfere or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare;
- promoting working conditions which will ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, a healthy and safe working environment. This is to be achieved through a systematic process of hazard identification, risk assessment and the implementation and use of control measures;
- monitoring and reviewing our systems periodically, making any changes needed to ensure continuous improvement of standards.
Safety is to be an enabling part of every aspect of RAFCTE business and is to be managed with the same determination that is shown in delivering other key objectives of the Company. I will exercise my Safety responsibilities through the Company Executives who are to apply my Total Safety Policy in their areas of responsibility through their chains of command.
The responsibilities, organisation and arrangements for HSW and Air Safety Management are contained in the RAFCTE Total Safety Manual. All employees are to be aware of and comply with its contents and are to bring it to the attention of anybody else as required, to ensure its full communication.
Paul Atherton OBE
Chief Executive Officer
30th September, 2019