What Are We Looking For?
Following internal staff progression, we are recruiting for an Aircrew Logistics Manager to work within the Air Operations Department, this person will report to the Head of Air Operations and responsible for managing arrangements for the circa 1500 aircrew and groundcrew attending the Royal International Air Tattoo.
also deliver any air operations elements for other air events that may be
organised by RAFCT ensuring that all environments are safe and regulatory
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Management, including forecasting, of the budget relating to aircrew and volunteer accommodation, transportation, Flight Centre and Crew Club
- Administration and engagement, via bespoke IT systems for all participants
- Logistical delivery and management of air, support and ground crew personnel accommodation, transportation and feeding arrangements and the resolution of issues during the event
- Ensuring all Air Operations contracts conform to the RAFCTE Procurement Policy. Raise, process, and reconcile invoices as required.
- Support with the recruitment and management of volunteers before, during and after air shows.
- Management of the relationship and contract with our accommodation contractor
- Plan and deliver an Embassy visits schedule
for 30-40 Embassies and High Commissions and maintaining relationships with
Embassy Outer Offices, conducted in Autumn.
Type of Contract/Working Hours:
Full-time, typically 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with flexible working available. Some weekend working will also be required from time to time to fulfil responsibilities. Applicants must be able to commit to working the weekend of The Royal International Air Tattoo (2023 - 15th and 16th July)
What We Will Offer:
A salary up to £35,000 is accompanied by pension, private healthcare and 4x life assurance, we also hold staff wellbeing and social events throughout the year. You will also be given two complimentary tickets to The Royal International Air Tattoo and a staff discount of 50% for an additional six.
Commitment to safety and excellence are essential for this role but if you have experience in budget management, a successful track record in a managerial position and consider yourself to be able to work in and motivate a team under pressure then we would encourage you to apply.
If you have an understanding or experience of booking accommodation for large groups, the events industry and its logistical requirements as well as a sound understanding of the principals of international defence mixed with political relationships: you will be at a particular advantage.
Career Opportunities For You:
This opportunity will see you working with the company and charity that produce the World's Greatest Airshow. There is a lot of cross collaboration to other departments in the organisation which will expose you to many different elements of the events industry.
Equally, this very position has derived from internal progression which is something we are proud to promote!
Find Out More And Apply:
We are hoping to start the right person as soon as possible so do not hesitate, apply through our company website by submitting your CV and preferably a cover letter explaining why you are right for us but most importantly why we are right for you.
If your application is successful you will be invited to
attend an interview with both the hiring manager and current postholder who will then explain the
next recruitment stages, if any.