Location: Fairford - Douglas Bader House (primarily office based with one day per week working from home)
What Are We Looking For?
We are recruiting for a Head of Business Development and Corporate Relations who as a department Head and member of the senior management team, will assist the Executive Board in the leadership of the RAFCTE team and implementation of company policies and strategies. The role reports to the Commercial Director.
You will lead and direct the Corporate Relations, Guest Management and Events Team that:
- Supports the Commercial Director in the creation, planning and implementation of a corporate sales and sponsorship strategy to deliver revenues and margins in line with agreed targets
- Generates new, and account manages, all corporate customers in the defence and aerospace sector that sponsor or take hospitality at the Air Tattoo
- Pursues opportunities with corporate partners to demonstrate the advancements in sustainable aviation with electric aircraft, and increase participation to showcase the cutting-edge of sustainable technology and the people behind itPlans, manages and delivers first class corporate events, networking activities and sponsorship activation
- Plans, manages and delivers the guest administration for these events using comprehensive data systems to include the production of visit programmes for senior government and international military visitors
manages and delivers the Techno Zone and showcase displays and exhibits contracted
with corporate customers
Your main responsibilities will include:
- The negotiation, contracting and account management of all defence and aerospace industry contracts to deliver optimum profit margins. This will involve developing new business and revenues by keeping up to date with defence sector activity and researching new business opportunities, and preparing and presenting new proposals against agreed targets
- To lead, direct and oversee the delivery of all sponsorship contracts
- The pursuit, development, implementation and delivery of initiatives and partnerships that will contribute to achieving the RIAT32 vision on sustainable aviation and space
- The identification and pursuit of new avenues for demonstrating and displaying sustainable aviationTo lead and direct the delivery of creative and innovative corporate and aircrew events
- To lead and direct the delivery of a first-class guest management operation to ensure the organisation is consistently ahead of the competition
- Establishing a close working relationship with the Head of Commercial Activities and Hospitality, a department colleague, to enable the successful delivery of the hospitality chalet operation through efficient and collaborative communication
- To manage and develop senior strategic stakeholder relationships within the MoD, specialist membership organisations and other significant Company supporters
- To ensure corporate clients derive maximum benefit at the events through carefully considered seating planning
- The tendering, procurement and contractor liaison for all operations within the role remit, in collaboration with the Ground Operations team as required
- Budget responsibility for revenue and expenditure on all sponsorship, events and guest management activities
- Line management of four permanent team members and department responsibility for temporary fixed term staff and approximately 190 volunteers
Type of Contract/Working Hours
Permanent full-time, typically 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with the option to work from home one day a week depending on work commitments. Some weekend working will also be required from time to time to fulfil responsibilities. Applicants must be able to commit to working the weekend of the Royal International Air Tattoo (2023 - 15th and 16th July) and also expected to work one day of the weekend before.
What We Will Offer:
A salary from £52,000 (DOE) is accompanied by pension, private healthcare and 4x life assurance, we also hold staff wellbeing and social events throughout the year. You will also be given two complimentary tickets to The Royal International Air Tattoo and a staff discount of 50% for an additional six.
If you have extensive experience of the business development and exhibition aspects of the defence and aerospace sector, a portfolio of delivering first-class corporate hospitality events, and extensive knowledge of the military and in particular the Royal Air Force, then we strongly encourage you to apply.
Strong relationship, engagement and negotiation skills are essential
and you must be a team player with the ability to prioritise efficiently and
operate under pressure.
Career Opportunities For You:
We deliver an event that has developed a highly enviable reputation over fifty years as part of a dynamic charitable organisation that, having successfully navigated through the COVID pandemic, has ambitious growth strategies offering further opportunities for development and promotion.
Find Out More And Apply:
We are looking to start the successful candidate before the end of April so please do not hesitate and apply by submitting your CV and a covering letter on our job portal explaining why you are right for us, but most importantly why we are right for you.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to
attend an interview in early February to include the Commercial Director who
will then explain the next stage of the recruitment.
The whole job description is available on application and you can also find out more about our organisation by visiting our website.
Closing Date: 10th February 2023. Whilst we aim to respond in one way or another to all candidates sometimes this is not feasible. If you have not heard from us two weeks after the closing date unfortunately your application has not been progressed to the next stage.