Hospitality Administration Assistant
Job Role: Hospitality Administration Assistant
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract from 21st May to 20th July 2018 inclusive, Full Time
A great opportunity to join the team behind the world's greatest military air show has now become available. We are looking for a talented and professionally minded Hospitality Administration Assistant to join our friendly and highly-regarded team as we prepare for The 2018 Royal Air Tattoo; celebrating the centenary of the Royal Air Force. This is a unique opportunity for anyone wishing to progress their career in event management in a world class, international and dynamic environment.
The RAF Charitable Trust Enterprises organise a host of aviation related events including the Royal International Air Tattoo that attracts 160,000 visitors for a weekend of spectacular aviation action every year. Our commercial activities enable us to gift our profits to The RAF Charitable Trust in order to foster and encourage an interest in aviation amongst young people and to inspire the next generation of aerospace professionals - whether engineers, pilots or ground crew. If you are a resourceful and efficient administrator with strong interpersonal skills we would be delighted to hear from you.
About the role:
The Hospitality and Events department is responsible for the delivery and implementation of 27 individual corporate hospitality units at the Air Tattoo. We are looking for a bright, self-motivated and highly organised individual who can work as part of this busy but small team, providing administration support to the Head of Hospitality / Events and the Special Events Executive.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with both corporate clients and contractors to deliver a first class service
- Providingdaily administrative support e.g. processing e-mails, creating and updating spreadsheets, updating briefing documents such as team newsletters, filing, note taking , photocopying and managing the telephones
- Liaising with all chalet clients before and during RIAT to ensure their requirements are met
- Mailing passes/tickets and maintaining records for the hospitality chalet clients
- Assisting with the administration of the catering contract
- Administering all contractors and sponsors Insurance documentation and Risk Assessments
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with members of the RIAT Volunteer Team
- As minimum criteria you will need:
- 5 GCSE's or equivalent
- Proven experience in an administrative role.
- To have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel)
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands
- To be able to prioritise tasks
- A "can do, hands on" attitude and be willing to get involved in a variety of tasks.
- Strong communication , both written and verbal
- To be a good team player who is happy to work alone when required
What we offer:
We offer a competitive package of salary of £1,608 per month, 20 days holiday (pro rota).
Please go to https://www.airtattoo.com/about-us/job-vacancies
Closing Date: 4th May 2018