Contract date: Start end of May until end of July 2022
Full-time, typically 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, flexibility is essential with regard to working hours, and some weekend working will also be required from time to time to fulfil responsibilities. Applicants must be able to commit to working one day of the weekend; 9th or 10th July and both days 16th and 17th July (RIAT Weekend)
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Provide everyday support and administration e.g. preparing correspondence, admin orders, updating briefing documents such as volunteer team newsletters, filing, note taking as required, photocopying and telephone communications.
- Liaising with chalet clients regarding catering requirements and assisting with
- Collecting and maintaining all contractors and sponsors insurance documentations and risk assessments as directed
- Assisting on merchandise stock control, despatching orders, delivery management
- Support the team in liaising with all chalet line clients before and during RIAT and ensuring their requirements are met.
- Educated to a GCSE standard or equivalent
- Computer literate
- The ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands/prioritise tasks
- Be a team player
- Strong organisational and negotiation skills
- A pleasant, confident telephone manner
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative
Career Opportunities For You:
Whilst this role is fixed term, you will be exposed to many different elements in organising the world's greatest Airshow, with a strong admin background this will set you up perfectly for a career in events management or depending on how the role unfolds during the term you may also develop strong sales and customer service techniques.
As the Airshow is an annual event, we like to reward loyalty and hard work. If successful you will likely be contacted for years to come. Many employees in our organisation have started as volunteers or in fixed term contracts.
As employees of the Royal International Air Tattoo, you will receive two complimentary tickets to the show that can be used on the Friday or the Sunday with the holders also having access to the Family Enclosure.You will also receive 50% discount on up to six additional tickets that can be purchased for either of the three days.
Please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter