What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for an IT Support Technician to provide 1st line IT Service Desk support to users within the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises on a Fixed Term basis until the 31st July 2022.
This is a newly created role is full time (36.25 hrs p/w) reporting into the IT & Comms Manager.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To assist staff in the office or remotely via remote connection utilities.
- Participate in updating endpoints, including software, patches, and security updates.
- The deployment and installation of software on Windows devices.
- To support the IT Manager on diagnosing faults, issues, or potential risks to the IT infrastructure.
- To support the senior management team with data management with third party systems.
- To maintain accurate inventory and maintenance records for the company's computer equipment.
- To ensure that all backups are properly stored and that the correct backups are made available for the backup cycle.
- To manage backup jobs and report on any failures.
- To interface with other third parties for engineering visits and to liaise over software and hardware problems reporting and resolution.
- To provide basic training on the computer systems to staff members, including on-boarding activities.Identify the key data requirements for the effective analysis and measurement of partnerships
What We Will Offer
A salary of £25,000 pro rata'd to the contract length. You will also be given two complimentary tickets to The Royal International Air Tattoo and a staff discount of 50% for an additional six.
If you have experience in infrastructure and technical support which are complimented by problem solving, customer service and excellent communication skills we would encourage you to apply.You will need to be familiar with general office computer hardware and accessories, be competent in the use of Microsoft cloud based services (i.e. Microsoft 365, Azure) and have a very strong knowledge of Windows Operating System.
Find Out More and How To Apply
We are hoping to start the right person as soon as possible so do not hesitate, apply through our job portal by submitting your CV and preferably a cover letter explaining why you are right for us but most importantly why we are right for you. If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and current postholder who will then explain the next recruitment stages, if any. You can find the job description and apply on our job portal by clicking here.