Operated by the Aircraft Restoration Company, this Spitfire Ia has been restored from the remains of N3200, an example that served with No 19 Squadron at Duxford - appropriately enough, the airfield at which it is based today. Built at the Supermarine works in Southampton, N3200 was delivered to the RAF towards the end of 1939. On 19 April 1940, it was allocated to No 19 Squadron, the Duxford-based unit that, during 1938, had become the first squadron to re-equip with Spitfires. While flying on operations to help protect the Dunkirk evacuation, on 27 May 1940 the aircraft was hit by gunfire and successfully force-landed by its pilot, Sqn Ldr Geoffrey Stephenson, on a beach near Sangatte in northern France. He went on to be imprisoned at Colditz. The remains of N3200 were recovered in 1986 and bought by Mark One Partners in 2000. Restoration by Historic Flying duly ensued. A first flight took place on 26 March 2014, the Spitfire again being resplendent in No 19 Squadron markings.