Job Title: Air Operations Administrator (Flying)
Job Type: Permanent (Part-Time)
The RAF Charitable Trust Enterprises organises the Royal International Air Tattoo attracting visitors from all over the World to a weekend of spectacular aviation action every year. Our commercial activities enable us to gift our profits to The RAF Charitable Trust in order to foster and encourage an interest in aviation amongst young people and to inspire the next generation of aerospace professionals.
The role is based at Douglas Bader House, adjacent to RAF Fairford in the heart of the Cotswolds in Gloucestershire. The cities of Bath, Cheltenham and Gloucester are close by as is the town of Swindon and the office is commutable from a wide range of locations across Somerset, Avon, Wiltshire, and the M4 corridor.
Reporting to the Air Operations Manager, the role is responsible for assisting in the planning, administration, and delivery of all airspace and flying requirements for the Royal International Air Tattoo.
- Support the Air Operations Manager in the development and co-ordination of a Non-UK Military Flying Display Participant Validation Plan
- Support the Air Operations Manager and all aircraft participating crews, develop and co-ordinate the RIAT arrival/rehearsal timing plan
- Support the Air Operations Manager, Ground Operations Manager and specialist team managers with the design and delivery of the RIAT Master Aircraft Parking Plan
- Assist the Air Operations Manager with the establishment of the Flight Centre facility, co-ordinating communications, IT, logistics, etc
- Ensure the Flying Display Director and Flying Control Committee requirements are available and implemented both within the RIAT Flight Centre and the Air Traffic Control Tower
- Ensure that the RIAT Daily Flying programmes are produced and distributed during the RIAT period
- Produce correspondence and mailings, and maintain presentations, spreadsheets and databases using a variety of software packages
- Maintenance and updating of the Air Operations Aeronautical Information Document Library
- File paperwork, documents, and computer-based information in an appropriate manner
- A-Level standard of education (desirable)
- Knowledge of an operational aviation environment (civil or military - essential)
- IT literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) - (essential)
- Knowledge of civilian and military aviation regulatory frameworks (desirable)
- Ability to plan own work
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Good communication and briefing skills, written and oral
Two days per week (August to March) and four days per week (April to July).
Remuneration & Discretionary Benefits
The position enjoys an attractive remuneration package including base salary, discretionary annual bonus, Company Pension, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme. The company operates a generous holiday entitlement scheme, with the opportunity to purchase and sell holiday.
Interested applicants should apply with a current CV highlighting your suitability for this role HERE
Closing Date: 19th January 2020
Interview date: TBA