Site Team Assistant
Salary: £19,300 (FTE - Pro-rated as per Fixed Term Contract)
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Full Time Fixed Term Contract (18th June 2018 - 27th July 2018)
A great opportunity has arisen to join our Ground Operations Team to support the construction and dismantling of The Royal Air Tattoo Airshow Site.
Ideally, you will have experience of working in the events and construction industry and you will be a flexible, team player with a positive can-do attitude. If you enjoy working in a small team and are prepared to commit to supporting us in an intensive site building process then we would like to hear from you. This role offers a great opportunity for anyone wishing to progress their career in events and site construction working with a knowledgeable and well-established Ground Operations team to help us to deliver the world's greatest airshow.
The RAF Charitable Trust Enterprises organise a host of aviation related events including the Royal International Air Tattoo that attracts 160,000 visitors for a weekend of spectacular aviation action every year. Our commercial activities enable us to gift our profits to The RAF Charitable Trust in order to foster and encourage an interest in aviation amongst young people and to inspire the next generation of aerospace professionals - whether engineers, pilots or ground crew. If you are happy to work outside in all weathers and are self-motivated with good practical skills we would be delighted to hear from you.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with the build of the Event Showground as per CAD drawing.
- Assisting the Ground Operations Manager with all aspects of the Show Build
- Assisting the placement of Crowd Barrier/Cone and Rope and Rope and Stake
- Assisting in dismantling of all Showground Pedestrian Walkways/Crowd Barrier /Rope Cordons
- Assist in the unloading and loading of all Event ISO containers using Pallet Trucks
- Any other tasks deemed necessary to achieve the site build in a timely manner
- Engaging in manual and physically demanding labour which includes heavy lifting
To be suitable for this role you will have:
- Experience of site construction in an event environment (desirable)
- Passion for working outdoors and in a site building environment (essential)
- Good practical skills (essential)
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work (essential)
- The ability to work in a well organised and accurate way (essential)
- The ability to follow instructions, take constructive feedback and learn from mistakes (essential)
- An ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision (essential)
- An ability to safely lift and manually handle large loads (essential)
- Forklift counterbalance licence (desirable)
- Driving licence (essential)
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Online training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Fitness and well-being opportunities
- Great Place to Work Social Events
Interested applicants should apply with a current CV highlighting their suitability for this role.