The Royal International Air Tattoo is staged by the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises (RAFCTE), the trading arm of the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust (RAFCT).
Since it was established in 2005, RAFCT has awarded around £4 million in grants that seek to promote the Royal Air Force, support its people now and into the future and encourage air-mindedness among the young.
Listed below are just a few of the ways in which the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises (RAFCTE), organiser of the Air Tattoo, is benefitting your local community:
- The Air Tattoo sponsors Lechlade Festival and supports Fairford and District Choral Society.
- Last year we spent more than £881,000 in Gloucestershire, £839,000 in Wiltshire and £63,500 in Oxfordshire setting up the airshow. When accommodation, food, fuel and other sundries are added, it is estimated that millions more is generated in the surrounding counties, with the service and tourism industries receiving the biggest boost.
- Last year, the Lechlade and District Lions' Club, the Rotary Club of Cirencester and Quedgeley Wanderers Football Club received donations totalling £11,000 for the support they gave to RIAT 2016.
- The Air Tattoo provides a number of employment opportunities. The majority of RAFCTE's 42 permanent staff live in Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire, with at least six coming from the immediate area. A further 21 staff members are employed on temporary contracts.
- We have sponsored two ground boards at Fairford Town Football Club and the club continue to display the Air Tattoo Logo on their away kit.
- Local homeowners turn spare rooms into B&B accommodation while homes with drives 'rent out' private parking spaces.
- As in previous years, a limited number of complimentary Air Tattoo tickets are regularly made available to schools, charities and organisations in the area - on a rotational basis - to help them raise money. Among those to benefit last year were Fairford CoE Primary School PTA; North Cerney School Association; Fairford Pre-School; Friends of Fairford Hospital; Lechlade Little Learners; Meysey Hampton School; Friends of Farmor's School; Ampney Crucis School; St Mary's Church, Castle Eaton; Fairford Church Organ Appeal; Fairford & Lechlade Business Club; Cotswold Water Park Trust; Fairford Festival; Southrop School; Poulton Cricket Club; St Michael's Church, Poole Keynes; All Saints Church, Somerford Keynes; Lechlade Music Festival; Southrop Village Fete; St Sampson's Primary School Cricklade; FOSLS (Lechlade); Fairford Town Football Club; Quenington Fete; Friends of Kempsford School; Ampney Crucis.
- We sponsor the Outstanding Business Student of the Year Award for students at Farmor's School as part of the Fairford and Lechlade Business Club Awards.
In the Community
Each year, the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises produces a Residents' Newsletter for people living in communities surrounding - or close to - RAF Fairford. It provides a wide range of information about the forthcoming airshow as well as contact details in case local residents require assistance over the airshow period.
We also host a Local Representatives' Briefing, traditionally in May, to outline our plans for the Air Tattoo to parish, town, district and county councillors as well as other interested parties.
If you have a community matter relating to the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises, or any of its activities, please email moc/etcfar//srettamytinummoc