Engineering Team Operations Controller
Team: Air Operations
Job Title: Engineering Team Operations Controller
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
We are a Charitable Trust Enterprise whose mission is to promote the Royal Air Force, to support its people now and into the future, to encourage air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth. We achieve this, primarily, through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo, the Royal Air Force Concerts and the giving of grants to satisfy the Trust's objectives.
About the role:
The role is for an aircraft engineering team Air Operations Controller, responsible for liaising with Air Traffic Control (ATC), Operations Centre, visiting Aircrew, Emergency Services and all departments of the Airfield Services team to alert for aircraft movements, or aircraft issues during the show arrivals, display days and departures.
Essential to have more than two years recent ATC/Flight Operations control experience, ideally with an awareness of Military Aviation Authority (MAA) regulations. Must have a good knowledge of aircraft recognition to be able to visually identify aircraft as they land, to brief to relevant teams of imminent arrival at their location.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- ATC, Flight Operations and Aircrew reception point of contact for Eng operations
- Coordinate Airfield Services resources to support the daily flying program (Eng team, Fuels, Movements, GEF, Cones, JARTS)
- Reacting to issues or incidents in accordance with RIAT orders
- Control the Airfield Services secure radios.
- Manning Eng Ops, along with the Eng Controller, from before the first eng team start time, to last eng team finishing, which can be long shifts in excess of 12 hours.
What commitment is required?
- Minimum commitment of eight days, commencing from Monday before the show weekend, until ceasing work on the Monday post-show.
Why volunteer at the Air Tattoo?
- Be part of a prestigious international event
- It's a great opportunity to gain new skills and experience
- Two complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo for Friday or Sunday to give to family or friends
- Invitation to the Awards Ceremony
- Team Polo shirt
- Training provided
- Accommodation (bunk rooms or campsite) provided if not local
- Three meals a day
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found HERE