Team: Air Operations
Job Title: ACR - Flight Centre Assistant (Infra)
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
We are a Charitable Trust Enterprise whose mission is to promote the Royal Air Force, to support its people now and into the future, to encourage air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth. We achieve this, primarily, through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo, the Royal Air Force Concerts and the giving of grants to satisfy the Trust's objectives.
About the role:
The Flight Centre is the central facility used to induct the air and ground crew participating in the Air Tattoo. It is located in two small hangars that are transformed from the storage of equipment into a welcoming and efficient hub from which aircraft operations are managed. This role assists the Flight Centre Manager in the building of the Flight Centre prior to participating air and ground crew arrivals, managing it as a facility while the Air Tattoo is ongoing and assisting in its breakdown following aircraft departures. The Role requires good practical and problem-solving skills, an ability to communicate and a willingness to provide generic support to Flight Centre users while the Air Show is ongoing.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Build of the Flight Centre prior to participating Air and Ground arrivals
- Facility management through liaison with users and Site Services during the Air Tattoo
- Generic support to Flight Centre users
- Breakdown of the Flight Centre following aircraft departures
What commitment is required?
- From build to the breakdown of the Flight Centre encompasses twelve days (including the weekend of the Air Tattoo and the preceding weekend)
- This role is suitable for Role Sharing providing the full period is covered.
Why volunteer at the Air Tattoo?
- On-site accommodation for the period that you are volunteering
- Three meals a day in one of our onsite diners
- Two complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found here.