Team: Host Support Team
Role Name: Host Support Driver
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
We are a Charitable Trust Enterprise whose mission is to promote the Royal Air Force, to support its people now and into the future, to encourage air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth. We achieve this, primarily, through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo, the Royal Air Force Concerts and the giving of grants to satisfy the Trust's objects.
About the role:
As a Driver on the Host Support Team, you will be responsible for providing transportation for our senior RIAT hosting team. This comprises of our Trustees, Vice Patrons and RAFCTE Board Members.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring you have familiarised yourself with your allocated vehicle
- Ensuring your vehicle is ready for use (oil, water - radiator and washer bottle, tyres - visual check, fuel and general cleanliness)
- Familiarising yourself with the 'fuel policy' in use during the show
- Responding to taskings given by the Host Support Team Manager and adapting to any last minute taskings that may be sent your way
- Following Civil Police Regulations as well as Military and Base Police Regulations, due to the fact that you are on an active military airfield
- Being responsible for monitoring your driver hours (9hrs daily, continuous) and raising with the Host Support Manager if necessary
- Informing the Host Support Office if you are involved in an accident as soon as possible
What commitment is required?
- Wednesday of show week - Sunday evening
Why volunteer at the Air Tattoo?
- Be part of a prestigious international event
- It's a great opportunity to gain new skills and experience
- Two complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo for Friday or Sunday to give to family or friends
- Invitation to the Awards Ceremony
- Team Polo shirt
- Training provided
- Accommodation (bunk rooms or campsite) provided if not local
- Three meals a day
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found HERE