Logistics Assistant - Hospitality Chalets
Team: Hospitality Chalets
Job Title: Logistics Assistant - Hospitality Chalets
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
We are a Charitable Trust Enterprise whose mission is to promote the Royal Air Force, to support its people now and into the future, to encourage air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth. We achieve this, primarily, through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo, the Royal Air Force Concerts and the giving of grants to satisfy the Trust's objectives.
About the role:
The Corporate Hospitality Chalet Line is supported by a team of twenty-five staff, permanent and volunteers, several of which are Logistics Assistants. You will help set up the chalets in the lead up to the show and support and maintain them during the show weekend, ensuring the client's requirements are met.
We are looking for enthusiastic, confident people with a professional approach and good attention to detail. You don't mind physical 'hands on' work and will also enjoy engaging with a variety of people including our fee-paying corporate clients and our back of house contractors.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Receiving, unloading and checking furniture orders making sure furniture is fit for purpose
- Arranging furniture in each chalet in conjunction with the client floor plan
- Hanging chalet graphics and pictures to client's specification
- Building rapport and a relationship with each allocated client to ensure they have everything they need for a successful show
- Troubleshooting to help solve any unforeseen issues with client's chalets
- Assisting in the full Sunday 'set down' ensuring chalets are left free of rubbish and furniture is stacked in its correct chalet ready for collection
What commitment is required?
Volunteers are expected to work seven days from Monday 13th to end Sunday 19th July.
Why volunteer at the Air Tattoo?
- Be part of a prestigious international event
- It's a great opportunity to gain new skills and experience
- Two complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo for Friday or Sunday to give to family or friends
- Invitation to the Awards Ceremony
- Team Polo shirt
- Training provided
- Accommodation (bunk rooms or campsite) provided if not local
- Three meals a day
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found HERE.