Why Visit on Friday?
Published: 24 Apr 2017
Friday - Our Exclusive Preview Day
Visit the Air Tattoo on Friday 14 July for our exclusive preview day! Be one of the first to see the United States Air Force Thunderbirds world renowned ground show and the impressive choreographed preparations prior to their flying display. On Friday we will see their first performance at the Air Tattoo for 10 years!
We are celebrating the 70th Anniversary of the United States Air Force (USAF) this year so the eastern end of the airfield, next to the Vintage Village, will be our special USAF operational area. You will get a great view of aircraft like the Thunderbirds and the F-22, particularly on Friday when there are fewer people at the show! This area will include the Thunderbirds and F-22 with more aircraft announcements to come.
What's more, Friday prices have been held from 2016 for both admission and the enclosures (Viewing Village Grandstand, Cotswold Club, First Class Lounge and Lighting Pavilion) so it is a great value for money option. Until 2 May Friday admission is still £34 with under 16s free of charge. Disabled parking and the enclosure is still available for Friday (already sold out on Saturday).
On Friday we have a four hour flying display from 11am until 3pm and either side of this there will be aircraft arrivals. With the showground opening from 7.30am this gives you plenty of time to view the ground activities (Green Zone not open) before settling down to enjoy some of the flying highlights.
However, to make Friday a relaxed and more exclusive experience there are only a limited number of tickets available, currently priced at £34 (prices increase at midnight on Tuesday 2 May), so BOOK NOW
- First chance to see the USAF Thunderbirds in the flying display and their ground show
- Four hour flying display from 11am to 3pm
- Aircraft arrivals before and after the flying display
- The East Showground and static aircraft in that area from 7.30am to 6pm. 2017 Friday map HERE.
- RAF Village, Vintage Village, Techno Zone and Autodrome open
- Aviation Club, Cotswold Club and the Viewing Village Grandstand enclosures open
- A relaxed, more exclusive day, as tickets numbers are limited.