Air Tattoo Refund Information
Published: 20 Mar 2020
- Why are you cancelling now when the airshow isn't until July, Covid-19 will have blown over by then?
ANS: We feel continuing to plan for an airshow in July amidst such uncertainty and public concern would not only be irresponsible but would also distract many of those normally involved in the airshow from dealing with the far more important impact of Covid-19. Cancelling the airshow now, before we begin to incur significant set-up costs, is the most concrete course of action we could take to securing the airshow's financial viability going forward - and therefore its future.
- Can I have my money back / How do I get a refund?
ANS: Yes, you will be able to apply for a refund or potentially carry over to 2021 what you paid for this year's show. More information about how this is going to work will be communicated over the next few weeks once the process has been finalised.
- When will I get my money back?
ANS: We are currently working on the process which will be emailed to ticket purchasers shortly and then we will have guidelines as to when you will be refunded.
- Instead of a refund can I have a 2021 ticket?
ANS: This is something we are currently looking into and will be communicated as soon as we have confirmed the options and what is easiest for you, our customer.
- Will there be an Air Tattoo in 2021?
ANS: 2021 will mark the 50th anniversary of the Air Tattoo and we have every intention of being at RAF Fairford to celebrate it.
- Why can't you reschedule the show for later in the year?
ANS: Organising the Air Tattoo is an immensely complex process. The July plan, as it stands, could not simply be lifted up and moved to say Sept/Oct. There are too many moving parts that could not be rescheduled later in the year. It is likely to be the same for events such as Glastonbury and Euro 2020 who, like us, are unable to reschedule.
- Will I be charged an admin fee for a refund? / Will I get all my money back?
ANS: You will not be charged an admin fee for a refund. More information on this process will follow shortly.
- Is the Air Tattoo postponed or cancelled?
ANS: RIAT 2020 is cancelled. However, it is our intention to be back in 2021 to celebrate the airshow's 50th anniversary.
- Is this the end of the Air Tattoo?
ANS: 2021 will mark the 50th anniversary of the Air Tattoo and we are now focused on planning a spectacular Golden Jubilee.
- What about the accommodation and travel arrangements I have made? Will I be refunded?
ANS: If your accommodation and travel arrangements were made directly between you and the provider, our advice is for you to contact them as soon as possible to find out what their refund policy is.
- When will tickets for 2021 be on sale?
ANS: We are already planning for the Air Tattoo 50th Anniversary in 2021 and ticket will be on sale as soon as we know more about the current situation and have shut down our systems from 2020.
- Should I be trying to claim back from my credit card provider?
Please don't try and claim back a refund from your credit card provider, if you bought by credit card as we will have a process in place to enable you to do this through our own systems which we need to do for auditing processes.