IT & Communications
IT and Comms Manager, James Miller
We are the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises. We will Promote the RAF by placing it at the heart of a programme of world-class events and activities, with the Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT) as our unique centrepiece. We will Inspire young people, inside the RAF and wider UK society, to fulfil their potential in air, space and technology by delivering, with and through partners, access to and involvement in forward-looking air and space activities, including highly stimulating personal development opportunities.
About the role:
We are a relatively small team (approximately 14 members0, given the size, complexity and timescale required to get the infrastructure ready in time for the show.
The duties and responsibilities of the role laid out below are not exhaustive. The nature of the event requires a high degree of flexibility and professionalism. The role occasionally requires long hours when necessary to achieve targets.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Deploy terminate, connect and test physical network cabling
- Deploy IT & network infrastructure hardware (desktop PCs, laptops, printers, multi-function devices, switches, wireless access points and point to point devices) to a variety of locations
- Troubleshoot and resolve user related IT & comms related issues and escalate where required
- To support the IT & Communications Manager in diagnosing faults, issues, or potential risks to the IT infrastructure
- Depending on experience configure Active Directory & other facets of user/hardware settings using appropriate applications/admin portals
What commitment is required?
All show days are mandatory.
This role requires 5 days, from 18th July 2024. There is a degree of flexibility within these dates..
What you get in return for volunteering:
- An opportunity to learn new skills and be part of a fantastic team of over 1,250 volunteers
- Support the work of the RAF Charitable Trust
- Two complimentary tickets (General Admission Friday or Sunday) to give to family or friends
- Discount on official merchandise
- Camping or temporary accommodation, if required
- Freshly prepared meals in our onsite Airfield Diner
- Access to our Volunteer Village, to include evening entertainment
In line with our sustainability commitment, we strongly encourage volunteers to car share wherever possible and/or to utilise public transport.
The following is in place to support our volunteers with any out-of-pocket expenses.
- Motor Mileage: Claim 45p per mile (maximum 315 miles) return mileage to RIAT and to encourage car sharing, an additional 5p per additional passenger may be claimed by the vehicle driver.
- Train Fare: Travel should be standard class; reimbursement will be made up to the maximum claim amount (£100.00) on the production of receipts, tickets, or confirmation email.
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found here and on our website.