Flight Deck Assistant 1
Flight Deck Assistant
Enclosures Group Manager, Ali Bray
We are the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises. We will Promote the RAF by placing it at the heart of a programme of world-class events and activities, with the Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT) as our unique centrepiece. We will Inspire young people, inside the RAF and wider UK society, to fulfil their potential in air, space and technology by delivering, with and through partners, access to and involvement in forward-looking air and space activities, including highly stimulating personal development opportunities.
About the role:
The Flight Deck Assistants are to provide support and assistance to the Manager during the setup phase and over the show weekend. The Flight Deck Assistant will be responsible for dealing with customer feedback/complaints and feed this back to the Flight Deck Manager or Supervisor.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming guests to the enclosure
- Checking that appropriate wristbands are worn
- Assisting guests with queries
- Ensuring that the Enclosure is kept tidy
- Proactively engaging with guests during the day
What commitment is required?
- 6 Days – Wednesday to Monday
What you get in return for volunteering:
- An opportunity to learn new skills and be part of a fantastic team of over 1,250 volunteers.
- Support the work of the RAF Charitable Trust.
- Two complimentary tickets (General Admission Friday or Sunday) to give to family or friends.
- Discount on official merchandise.
- Camping or temporary accommodation, if required.
- Freshly prepared meals in our onsite Airfield Diner.
- Access to our Volunteer Village, to include evening entertainment.
In line with our sustainability commitment, we strongly encourage volunteers to car share wherever possible, and/or to utilise public transport.
The following is in place to support our volunteers with any out-of-pocket expenses.
- Motor Mileage: Claim 45p per mile (maximum 315 miles) return mileage to RIAT and to encourage car sharing, an additional 5p per additional passenger may be claimed by the vehicle driver
- Train Fare: Travel should be standard class; reimbursement will be made up to the maximum claim amount (£100.00) on the production of receipts, tickets, or confirmation email
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found here and on our website.