Merchandise and Programmes
DBh team leader:
Merchandise Manager, Rebecca Cook
We are the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises. We will Promote the RAF by placing it at the heart of a programme of world-class events and activities, with the Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT) as our unique centrepiece. We will Inspire young people, inside the RAF and wider UK society, to fulfil their potential in air, space and technology by delivering, with and through partners, access to and involvement in forward-looking air and space activities, including highly stimulating personal development opportunities.
About the role:
- The merchandise team are responsible for ensuring our customers receive exceptional customer service at RIAT. We are a team of approximately 70 with sales assistants making up around ¾ of the team, all of whom report directly to their area supervisor and are overseen as a whole by the Volunteer Team Manager and the Merchandise Manager. We have 10 individual locations across the showground, all delivering the year’s official show merchandise which includes clothing, toys and souvenirs.
- Merchandise Sales Assistants are part of the Merchandise & Programmes team and play a vital part in delivering excellent customer service, at each of our Merchandise units, they work alongside approximately 70 other volunteers.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent customer service, ensuring the Charity is represented positively. Cash handling and use of EPOS systems is essential.
- Responsible for unit housekeeping, keeping all stock tidy and correctly sorted by size, colour etc.
- Maintaining good communication with Supervisors and taking direction well
- Excellent time keeping: to include attending morning briefings and taking breaks as instructed by Supervisor
- Assisting in the packing up and counts of all stock, alongside other volunteer team members, at the end of the show
What commitment is required?
Approx. 4 days (Thursday - Sunday)
What you get in return for volunteering:
- An opportunity to learn new skills and be part of a fantastic team of over 1,250 volunteers.
- Support the work of the RAF Charitable Trust
- Two complimentary tickets (General Admission Friday or Sunday) to give to family or friends.
- Discount on official merchandise
- Camping or temporary accommodation, if required
- Freshly prepared meals in our onsite Airfield Diner
- Access to our Volunteer Village, to include evening entertainment
In line with our sustainability commitment, we strongly encourage volunteers to car share wherever possible and/or to utilise public transport.
The following is in place to support our volunteers with any out-of-pocket expenses.
- Motor Mileage: Claim 45p per mile (maximum 315 miles) return mileage to RIAT and to encourage car sharing, an additional 5p per additional passenger may be claimed by the vehicle driver
- Train Fare: Travel should be standard class; reimbursement will be made up to the maximum claim amount (£100.00) on the production of receipts, tickets, or confirmation email
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found here and on our website.