Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
We are a Charitable Trust Enterprise whose mission is to promote the Royal Air Force, to support its people now and into the future, to encourage air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of youth. We achieve this, primarily, through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo, the Royal Air Force Concerts and the giving of grants to satisfy the Trust's objectives.
About the role:
the Commercial Showground Team is an opportunity to see RIAT from a new
perspective. The team covers the length and breadth of the Showground and spends
almost all their time outdoors. It is a sociable team consisting of
approximately 25 volunteers and staff. The team manages Trading in all zones of
the Showground, as well as activities in the themed zones including the Village
Green and Activity Zone, and bespoke commercial activities across the
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Working as a team to plot pitches in each zone of the Showground ready for the arrival of Traders pre-show
- Escorting Traders to their areas on the Showground pre-show
- Supporting Traders with their operational requirements throughout the show in your team's allocated zone
- Assisting Traders throughout the show
- Assisting with the co-ordination and operation of the themed zones and bespoke commecial acitivities
- To assist in coordinating activities with Security and the appropriate RIAT departments to safely close the show at the end of each day
What commitment is required?
As a guide, 10 days, Saturday 9th to Monday 18th July, however we are very happy to be flexible with availability including start and end dates.
What you get in return for volunteering:·