Job Title: Emergency Services - Ambulance Crew
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Role Grade: Volunteer
Personnel Group: Volunteer
DBH Team Leader: Emergency Services (ES) Group Manager
About the role:
The RIAT Medical Director is an appointed RAF Medical Officer who is responsible for the overall medical policy, clinical organisation and operation of all RIAT Medical Services involved at RIAT 2022. The RIAT Medical Services are responsible for:
- The provision of a limited Primary Health Care service for all RIAT participants located at RAF Fairford during the period 10 to 17 Jul·
- The provision of emergency medical cover and initial medical response during the Show build-up, aircraft arrival/departure days and public days·
- The provision of medical, ambulance, nursing and first aid cover for members of the public during public days.
Main Responsibilities will include:
Working as part of the ambulance team, paramedics and ambulance technicians/emergency care assistants will work on a fleet of ambulances to deliver a high level of care. All equipment, drugs, CDs and gases will be provided. Primarily you will be working on site, treating patients at scene or transporting to the RIAT Medical Centre which is staffed with Emergency Medicine Doctors, General Practitioners and nurses.
Applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
What commitment is required?
- Variable - between 5 and 8 days (plus travelling days either side if required) during the following periods:
- Mon 10 Jul to Mon 17 Jul
- Tue 11 Jul to Sun 16 Jul
- Wed 12 Jul to Sun 16 Jul
What you get in return for volunteering:
- Local accommodation/camping for the period that you are volunteering·
- Three meals a day in one of our onsite diners·
- Two complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo.
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found here