Job Title: Emergency Services Medical - First Aider
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Role Grade: Volunteer
Personnel Group: Volunteer
DBH Team Leader: Emergency Services Group Manager
We are the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises (RAFCTE) and our mission is to raise funds for, and promote the work of, the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust (RAFCT) to enable it to meet its objectives, that is: to PROMOTE the Royal Air Force, to SUPPORT its people now and into the future and to ENCOURAGE air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of young people.
We achieve this, primarily, through the staging of the Royal International Air Tattoo and the Royal Air Force Concerts.
About the role:
The RIAT Medical Director is an appointed RAF Medical Officer who is responsible for the overall medical policy, clinical organisation and operation of all RIAT Medical Services involved at RIAT 2022. The RIAT Medical Services are responsible for:
- The provision of a limited Primary Health Care service for all RIAT participants located at RAF Fairford during the period 11 to 18 Jul
- The provision of emergency medical cover and initial medical response during the Show build-up, aircraft arrival/departure days and public days
- The provision of medical, ambulance, nursing and first aid cover for members of the public during the public days.
Main Responsibilities will include:
First Aiders will work at the main First Aid Point.
You will be required to hold a recognised First Aid certificate.
You will be supported by a First Aid Point Manager, as well as clinical supervision from Emergency Nurse Practitioners.
The First Aid Point is further supported by a full range of medical services, including on site ambulances and a medical centre staffed with Emergency Medicine Doctors, General Practitioners and nurses.
Applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
What commitment is required?
- 4 days (plus travelling days either side if required) during the period Thu 14 Jul to Sun 17 Jul
What you get in return for volunteering:
- On site accommodation for the period that you are volunteering
- Three meals a day in one of our onsite diners
- Two complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found here.