Job Title: Exhibition Ops - Steward
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Role Grade: Volunteer
Personnel Group: Volunteer
DBH Team Leader: Commercial Manager (David Emery)
About the role:
Joining the Commercial Showground Team is an opportunity to see RIAT from a new perspective. The team covers the length and breadth of the Showground and spends almost all their time outdoors. It is a sociable team consisting of approximately 25 volunteers and staff. The team manages Trading in all zones of the Showground as well as looking after the Village Green, RAF Experience, Public Catering, and Bespoke Consumer Activity across the Showground.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Working as a team to plot pitches in each zone of the Showground ready for the arrival of Traders pre-show·
- Escorting Traders to their areas on the Showground pre-show·
- Supporting Traders with their operational requirements throughout the show in your team's allocated zone ·
- Assisting Traders with any questions or queries throughout the show·
- Assisting with the operation and successful delivery of the Showground Consumer Activity·
- To assist in coordinating activities with security and the appropriate RIAT departments to safely open and close the show at the start and end of each day
What commitment is required?
Approximately 10 days, Saturday 8th to Monday 17th July 2023, although we can be flexible depending on availability.
What you get in return for volunteering:·
- Local accommodation/camping for the period that you are volunteering·
- Three meals a day in our onsite diner·
- Allocation of complimentary tickets for RIAT 2023
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found HERE.