Job Title: Hospitality Chalets Logistics Assistant
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
We are a Charitable Trust Enterprise whose mission is to Promote the Royal Air Force through a programme of world-class events and activities. In conjunction with our charity, The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust, we will Inspire young people, both inside the RAF and outside, to fulfil their potential in air and space.
About the role:
The Corporate Hospitality Chalet Line is supported by a team of 25 staff, permanent and volunteers, several of which are Logistics Assistants. You will help set up the chalets in the lead up to the show and support and maintain them during the show weekend, ensuring the client's requirements are met.
We are looking for enthusiastic, confident people with a professional approach and good attention to detail. You don't mind physical 'hands on' work and will also enjoy engaging with a variety of people including our fee-paying corporate clients and our back of house contractors.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Receiving, unloading and checking furniture orders making sure furniture is fit for purpose
- Arranging furniture in each chalet in conjunction with the client floor plan
- Hanging chalet graphics and pictures to client's specification
- Building rapport and a relationship with each allocated client to ensure they have everything they need for a successful show
- Troubleshooting to help solve any unforeseen issues with client's chalets
- Assisting in the full Sunday 'set down' ensuring chalets are left free of rubbish and furniture is stacked in its correct chalet ready for collection
What commitment is required?
Volunteers are expected to work 7 days from Monday 11th to end Sunday 17th July.
Why volunteer at the Air Tattoo?
- Local accommodation/camping for the period that you are volunteering
- Three meals a day in our onsite diner
- Two complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo