Job Title: Airside Operations - Sweeper Driver
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Role Grade: Team Member
Personnel Group: Volunteer
DBH Team Leader: Tony Maycock, Air Operations Manager
About the role:
Our Airside Operations Team are responsible for safe and efficient aerodrome operations at RAF Fairford during the period of the Royal International Air Tattoo. In this role, as part of the Airside Operations Team, you will be responsible for driving an Airfield Sweeper vehicle, ensuring airfield operating surfaces are clean and FOD free.
To be considered suitably qualified and experienced to
volunteer for this role, you must be currently be employed in a similar role
driving specialist vehicles at a civilian airport or military airfield.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Driving of an Airfield Sweeper Vehicle, around the airfield operating surfaces, under Air Traffic Control supervision
- Working as part of the Airside Operations Team, ensuring all operational areas remain safe for aircraft movements, by removing FOD from the airfield.
What commitment is required?
- Arrival on Tuesday, to begin work from Wednesday and working throughout airfield opening hours, to close of play Monday.
What you get in return for volunteering:
- On site accommodation/ camping for the period that you are volunteering
- Three meals a day in one of our onsite diners
- Two complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo
If interested please complete an application form found here