Job Title: VIP Events Ops Manager (Crew Challenge)
Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
Role Grade: Manager
Personnel Group: Volunteer
DBH Team Leader: VIP Events Group Manager
About the role:The VIP Events Team which incorporate the Aircrew Social Activities group are responsible for delivering a number of events and social activities. Although this is your primary role - all team members may be requested to assist with the other events as required throughout the RIAT period. To be responsible to the VIP Events Group Manager for the overall arrangements and operational aspects for the activity and will include liaison between the sponsor, the venue, catering, photography and the activity provider. To manage a team of volunteers.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- To have read and fully understood the Delivery Instructions for the event.?
- To hold a team briefing on the Wednesday for those team member allocated prior to the activity.?
- To put together a running order for the morning of the event, using forms gathered by the Aircrew Social Activities team ensuring there is an Aircraft Recognition document and that sufficient copies are available to distribute during the event.?
- To arrive at the off-site venue prior to aircrew participants and ensure with the activities provider that all plans are in place.?
- To ensure that all teams arrive at the venue.?
- To introduce the sponsor to those participating and liaise with the VIP Events Manager who will advise time of arrival.?
- To ensure, at the end of the morning, there is a list of winners and attendees for the Gala Dinner and that these details are passed to the trophy engraver based at H1205.?
- To liaise with the sponsor, venue, caterers, photographer, the film company and the activity provider to ensure the event runs smoothly.?
- To ensure that all equipment belonging to RIAT is cleared away before leaving the site including any stock supplied by Arkells Brewery.?
- To ensure all Health & Safety aspects are followed
What commitment is required?
- Weekend pre-show to Monday post show
Why volunteer to be part of this team?
- Local accommodation/camping for the period that you are volunteering?
- Three meals a day in one of the onsite airfield diners (unless meals provided offsite)?
- Two complimentary tickets for the Air Tattoo.
Interested applicants should complete an application form which can be found HERE.