More information about the Vintage Village for the 2017 Air Tattoo will be made available when we have it.
When you visit the Vintage Village at the Air Tattoo it's like taking a step back in time to revel in the extravaganza of nostalgic experiences. The 2016 show featured wonderful singing performances by award winning artists clothes in authentic uniforms from the 40's.
Visitors were tickled pink by the 'Allo 'Allo characters and discovered an Aladdin's cave full of vintage fashion, accessories and houseware within the Vintage Parade marquee. There was plenty of seating around the village allowing visitors to relax, soak up the atmosphere and indulge in a selection of mouth-watering tea and cakes... with possibly something a little stronger from the Pilots Mess themed bar. Children were kept highly entertained with classic Punch & Judy shows that were performed throughout the day.
Find below details of the many attractions that were on offer at the 2016 Vintage Village:
- Vintage Parade - a fully themed marquee full of fashion, jewellery, accessories, books, toys and much more, visitors could meander around at their leisure to see what caught their eye.
- Crazy Golf - a classic obstacle course designed to give families a fun filled opportunity to test their skills.
- Cockpit Capers - another opportunity for kids to climb inside a classic aircraft cockpit and dream a little about what it must be like to take to the air.
- Pilots Mess - an authentic aviation themed bar with plenty of seating out on the lawns.
Each day a different set of professional performers transported visitors back to a time gone by with their captivating songs and close-harmonies from the 1940's:
- Jayne Deer (Friday)
- Hotsie Totsies (Saturday)
- Perfect Vintage (Sunday)
Jitterbugjive - Lively and fun, viewers were dazzled by their swirling and swinging dance routines.
Blitz Buddies - Making visitors think they've just woken up in the 1940's, this group of 30 re-enactors commemorated every aspect of life from a time gone by. Their performance was filled with song, dance and recollections, all beautifully portrayed in amazing authentic costumes.
'Allo 'Allo - Visiting the Air Tattoo for the first time in 2016, this bunch of actors had visitors in stitches as they mingled amongst the crowds mimicking those lovable characters from 'Allo 'Allo - they were just like the real thing.