Junior Engineer Competition
Published: 28 Jul 2017
- Design Award - teams had to complete a design and build challenge to design a machine that would be able to drop aid into disaster zones. They created models from K'NEX and were judged on their model, teamwork and problem solving skills. Judges from the STEMworks team were joined by Red Arrows engineers (blues) to find the winning team
- Presentation Award - each team had to make a presentation to judges about the task they had completed in school to build a wind powered vehicle to travel 5m in the fastest time. Judges were looking for students to demonstrate teamworking and problem solving skills, along with good communication skills.
- Champions Award - Each team brought their wind powered vehicle to the finals and were challenged to race against the other vehicles in a knockout style tournament.
- Justine Morton O.B.E. - Director - RAF Charitable Trust
- Sandra Keen - RAF Charitable Trust Enterprises
- Mo Follis - Director - Stemworks Ltd
- Alison Kelly - Stemworks Ltd
- Design Award - £200.00 prize - Ampney Crucis C of E Primary School. The cheque was accepted by Head Teacher Mrs Anne-Marie Wilkie.
- Presentation Award - £200.00 prize - Sherborne C of E Primary School. The cheque was accepted by Mrs Ellis
- Champions Award - £500.00 cheque accepted by Head Teacher, Carol Dougill and winning team Eddie & Ellis.