Showground & Facilities
RIAT is one of the UK's largest airshows. Every July, we pack the showground full of exciting flying displays, the latest aviation technology and opportunities to meet some of our inspiring pilots. Get a taste of the show below and read our top tips to get the most out of your day.
On The Day
Talk to the aircrew and ask questions. They are there because they enjoy the airshow as much as you do!
Explore the Static Displays
Enjoy a walk around the static line-up - you'll be amazed by the number and variety of aircraft on show.
Take as many photos and videos as you wish. If you can, use a high shutter speed to capture all the action!
Support Our Sponsors
Support our sponsors and the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust - they have helped us bring this event to you.
RIAT is a very large event, set on an airfield around 2 miles in length. We have tried to minimise the need to walk long distances with our free showground shuttle buses, and have included facilities in each coloured area.
- Look out for the Air Tattoo CREW around the showground who can answer any questions you may have.
- Pick up a free welcome leaflet and map when you arrive, these are given out by Air Cadets at the Entry Points.
- Use the FREE bus service operating from each entrance gate and along the showground. Our Showground Map shows where the bus stops are and lists the main attractions in each area.
- Use our Drop Zone facility to leave heavy items in a safe and secure place while you explore the showground. Situated at the Blue Service Station, the Drop Zone is free of charge although voluntary donations are welcome.
- Service Stations provide a number of facilities including one in each of the coloured zones.
- Facilities include food and drink, visitor information, FREE WiFi, cash points, Official RIAT Merchandise Outlets, picnic benches, sheltered areas, and public toilets.
To help make your day at RIAT more enjoyable and to ensure a safe event, please have a look at our hints and tips below:
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep hydrated during a day outdoors. Our water points offer drinking water to refill your water bottles free of charge.
- A hat is advisable in direct sunlight especially for children.
- Sun tan lotion is essential, even on a cloudy or hazy day.
- Some aircraft are loud! Use ear defenders or ear plugs to protect your own hearing and your children's. Purchase ear defenders from any Official RIAT Souvenir Outlet.
- Make a note of which car park you leave your car in (Red, Blue or Green). Only buses & coaches are at yellow.
- Make use of the large maps found across the RIAT showground - they will show you all the sights and attractions.
- Tune into RIAT's own radio station Air Tattoo Live on 87.7 Mhz for the latest air show news and traffic reports.
- Pre-arrange a meeting point in the show in case you get separated from family and friends.
- Please put all your rubbish in the bins around the showground. We will then sort it off site, recycle as much as we can, and send the remainder to waste for energy. Nothing goes to landfill.
- The erection of tents, gazebos, windbreaks and ladders on the showground can block the view for others. These items are prohibited within 10 metres of the crowdline.
- The official Souvenir Programme has all the information that you need. It is available from Official Air Tattoo Merchandise and Programme Sellers.
- Security personnel put your safety first. Please follow their directions and remain outside of roped-off areas.
- Please remain alert to any suspicious activity, persons or unaccompanied baggage. Should you become worried by anything you see, please report this immediately to the Police, Information Point or any RIAT Official Souvenir Outlet.
- Please refrain from touching aircraft and equipment unless invited to do so by the aircrew.
- Please put litter in the bins provided. Debris is a serious hazard to aircraft.
- You are not allowed to bring animals onto the airfield. The car parks will be checked regularly and the relevant agencies may be called if a distressed animal is found in a locked vehicle.