The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises (RAFCTE) is best known for staging the world's largest military airshow - The Royal International Air Tattoo - each year at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire.
The origins of the Royal International Air Tattoo stretch back to an airshow first held at North Weald Airfield in 1971. Inspired by two air traffic controllers, Paul Bowen and Tim Prince, this modest event, organised wholly by volunteers, was originally held in support of the Royal Air Forces Association.
Over the years this volunteer force has grown into an army, more than 3,500-strong, who bring with them a wealth of aviation and event-management experience that has helped the Air Tattoo grow into the enormous event it is today.
In addition to organising the Royal International Air Tattoo, the company also:
- Organises the annual Royal Air Force Band Concert Tours to venues throughout the UK.
- Sells related Gifts and Souvenirs under the banner Air Tattoo Gift Collection.
- Provides aviation consultancy and management services for airshows, in the UK and overseas through Air Tattoo Event Services.
- Publishes Souvenir Programmes for its events and other events.
- Provides logo licensing services to various market sectors.
- Provides ticketing, donation handling, mailing and fulfillment services for external events, charities and other organisations.
Throughout its time, RAFCTE has not only made a great deal of money for charity, but it has helped demonstrate the professional excellence of the Royal Air Force and generate, through its commitment to excellence, an increased appreciation of aviation in general.
The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust wholly owns The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises (Registration No. 2190393 and formerly known as the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund Enterprises). The Company (RAFCTE) is the trading arm of the Trust, limited by guarantee and annually gifts profits to the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust.
The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises is a Company registered in England and Wales with Company No 2190393