Make sure you're up-to-date with all the exciting news and chatter regarding plans for the 2018 Air Tattoo.
Here you will find breaking news and the popular 'Traffic Light' system reflecting the status of the communications between the Air Tattoo and various military aircraft operators and their potential participation. It works like this:
Below will be a list of all the air arms and operators that have been invited to attend the 2018 Air Tattoo.
An amber light will appear alongside the country when we enter into discussions about their potential participation. When we receive written confirmation from a country's air
For an insight into the process of inviting aircraft to the Air Tattoo click here.
The latest update on our discussions with countries and their air arms concerning aircraft participation is below. For previous updates please scroll further down the page.
LATEST UPDATE: 06/07/2018
- We are honoured to host the first visit to the Air Tattoo of a Japanese Air Self Defence Force Kawasaki C-2 transporter! This rare aircraft will be joining the static display at RIAT 2018 from our good friends in Japan.
|Air Arm||Current Status|
|Royal Australian Air Force||Confirmed|
|Austrian Air Force||Confirmed|
|Belgian Air Component||Confirmed|
|Royal Canadian Air Force||Confirmed|
|Czech Republic Air Force||Confirmed|
|Royal Danish Air Force||Confirmed|
|Estonian Air Force||Confirmed|
|Finnish Air Force||Confirmed|
|Finnish Army Aviation||Confirmed|
|French Air Force||Confirmed|
|German Air Force||Confirmed|
|Hellenic Air Force||Confirmed|
|Royal Jordanian Air Force||Confirmed|
|Irish Air Corps||Confirmed|
|Italian Air Force||Confirmed|
|Japan Air Self Defense Force||Confirmed|
|Lithuanian Air Force||Confirmed|
|Royal Norwegian Air Force||Confirmed|
|Royal Air Force of Oman||Confirmed|
|Pakistan Air Force||Confirmed|
|Polish Air Force||Confirmed|
|Romanian Air Force||Confirmed|
|Slovak Air Force||Confirmed|
|Slovenian Air Force||Confirmed|
|Spanish Air Force||Confirmed|
|Swedish Air Force||Confirmed|
|Swiss Air Force||Confirmed|
|Royal Netherlands Air Force||Confirmed|
|Turkish Air Force||Confirmed|
|Ukrainian Air Force||Confirmed|
|Army Air Corps||Confirmed|
|Royal Air Force||Confirmed|
|US Air Force||Confirmed|
|US Air Force Global Strike Command||Confirmed|
|US Air Force Reserve Command||Confirmed|
|US Air Force Special Operations Command||Confirmed|
|US Air Forces Europe||Confirmed|
|Albanian Air Force||Invited|
|Algerian Air Force||Invited|
|Angolan Air Force||Invited|
|Argentine Air Force||Invited|
|Royal Australian Army||Invited|
|Royal Australian Navy||Invited|
|Azerbaijani Air Force||Invited|
|Bangladesh Air Force||Invited|
|Barbados Defence Force||Invited|
|Bolivian Air Force||Invited|
|Armed Forces of Bosnia-Herzegovina||Invited|
|Brazilian Air Force||Invited|
|Royal Brunei Air Force||Invited|
|Bulgarian Air Force||Invited|
|Chilean Air Force||Invited|
|Colombian Air Force||Invited|
|Croatian Air Force||Invited|
|Ecuadorian Air Force||Invited|
|Egyptian Air Force||Invited|
|Estonian Police and Border Guard||Invited|
|German Army Aviation||Invited|
|Ghana Air Force||Invited|
|Hungarian Air Force||Invited|
|Indian Air Force||Invited|
|Indonesian Air Force||Invited|
|Iraqi Air Force||Invited|
|Jamaican Air Force||Invited|
|Japan Maritime Self Defence Force||Invited|
|Kazakhstan Air Force||Invited|
|Kenyan Air Force||Invited|
|Royal Bahraini Air Force||Invited|
|Royal Saudi Air Force||Invited|
|Republic of Korea Navy||Invited|
|Kuwait Air Force||Invited|
|Latvian Air Force||Invited|
|Lebanese Air Force||Invited|
|Macedonia Air Force||Invited|
|Malawian Defence Force||Invited|
|Royal Malaysian Air Force||Invited|
|Armed Forces of Malta||Invited|
|Mexican Air Force||Invited|
|Montenegrin Air Force||Invited|
|Royal Moroccan Air Force||Invited|
|Namibian Air Force||Invited|
|NATO AEWC Force||Invited|
|NATO Heavy Airlift Wing||Invited|
|Nigerian Air Force||Invited|
|Chinese Peoples Liberation Army Air Force||Invited|
|Chinese Peoples Liberation Army Naval Air Force||Invited|
|Phillippine Air Force||Invited|
|Polish Land Forces||Invited|
|Portuguese Air Force||Invited|
|Air Force of the Republic of Belarus||Invited|
|Republic of Singapore Air Force||Invited|
|Serbian Air Force||Invited|
|South African Air Force||Invited|
|Republic of Korea Air Force||Invited|
|Sri Lanka Air Force||Invited|
|Qatar Emiri Air Force||Invited|
|Royal Netherlands Navy||Invited|
|Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force||Invited|
|Tunisian Air Force||Invited|
|UAE Air Force Defence||Invited|
|US Air Combat Command||Invited|
|US Air Education Training Command||Invited|
|US Air Mobility Command||Invited|
|US Air National Guard||Invited|
|US Army Europe||Invited|
|US Coast Guard||Invited|
|US Marine Corps||Invited|
|Uruguayan Air Force||Invited|
|Vietnam Peoples Air Force||Invited|
|Zambian Air Force||Invited|
|French Army Air Corps, Hellenic Army, Israeli Air Force, Royal New Zealand Air Force, Peruvian Air Force, Spanish Navy, Royal Thai Air Force|
- More static confirmations this week! We've got a huge gathering of aircraft on the ground and can now add a Belgian Air Component F-16, Irish Air Corps CN235, Polish Air Force C-130E Hercules (the 11th Hercules to confirm!) and a PA-28 Cherokee from the Royal Air Force Flying Clubs Association.
- More static aircraft confirm today! QinetiQ will be sending a Grob 120TP and Airbus H125 just confirmed by the US Navy are both the P-8A Poseidon and the E-6B Mercury!
- Hot off the press... we've had more confirmations today! Aircraft from the French Navy and the Royal Air Force will be joining us with an Embraer 121 'Xingu', a second A400M Atlas and BAE146 from 32 (TR) Sqn! It seems Friday is the new Thursday!
- Following yesterday's update, we can confirm that the French Navy ATL2 is now in the flying display at RIAT 2018.
We've got a large update today of military and civilian static aircraft with a returning display from Slovenia.
- Austria confirms a C-130K
- Civilian aircraft include: Tecnam P2002, Ikarus C42 x2, Diamond DA20, Gnat T.1, OV-10B Bronco, SC-7 Skyvan, Hawker Fury, Royal Aircraft Factory Be-2, Avro Tutor, Spitfire Mk.Vc, Avro Anson, Pembroke C Mk.1, TB-20 Trinidad, RUAG Do-228
- The French Navy have added to their contingent with an ATL2 (formerly known as the Atlantique 2)
- The RAF adds a Hawk T.2 and Grob Prefect
- The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan brings its regular C-130H
- Slovenia Returns with the PC-9M Swift both flying and static, along with a static L410UVP
- The USAF Reserve Command has confirmed an HC-130P/N from the 39th Rescue Squadron at Patrick Air Force Base, FL.
- It's official The Ukrainian Air Force have confirmed their attendance at RIAT 2018 with an Su-27P flying display, accompanied by an Su-27UB and IL-76 on static!
- Today we are pleased to confirm more aircraft from the United States Air Force! Six aircraft including the F-15E Strike Eagle and the KC-135R Stratotanker will be on static display and the CV-22B Osprey will return to the skies at this year's Air Tattoo!
- We're very pleased to announce that the Pakistan Air Force will be joining us at this year's Air Tattoo with the Lockheed C-130E Hercules on static display.
- RAF aircraft from across the country will descend on the Air Tattoo for the official international celebration of RAF100! Today we confirm 23 more aircraft, from the smallest Grob Viking to the huge Voyager tanker/transporter! Highlights include the RC-135W, two Phenom 100 multi engine trainers as well as Tornados and Typhoons.
- Today we are pleased to confirm a large number of static aircraft from Denmark, the Netherlands and Norway.
- The Royal Netherlands Air Force has confirmed the C-130H, F-16 AM/BM, CH-47D Chinook, Do-228 and an AH-64D Apache.
- Also in attendance from the Royal Norwegian Air Force is the fantastic F-16.
- The Royal Danish Air Force has confirmed that the F-16 Fighting Falcon and the C-130J will be on static display at this year's Air Tattoo.
- In a special Bank Holiday update we are very happy that the United States Air Force has confirmed the B-1 'Lancer' and the B-52 'Stratofortress' on static display for this year's Air Tattoo.
- Belgium confirms three aircraft today; the F-16 Demo Team, Agusta A109 helicopter demonstration and an Embraer ERJ on static display!
From civilian operators, Hawker Hunter Aviation confirm a second Hunter Mk.58 aircraft on static and the Boeing Centennial Wings Project will be in attendance with a SL-2000 ultralight.
- Today marks 50 days until the show and we are pleased to announce that Airbus Defence and Space will return to RIAT 2018 with their amazing A400M display!
- Today we are pleased to confirm nine separate static and flying acts from our great friends in Italy! In the air we will welcome the Frecce Tricolori display team, F-2000 Typhoon, T-346 jet trainer and the amazingly agile C-27J Spartan. Meanwhile the Italian Air Force will also be providing the Typhoon and C-27J on static display, along with a Tornado, HH-101 Caesar and HH-139 helicopters. Grazie Italia!
- The RAF Chinook returns to the flying display for RAF100 celebrations! A very rare appearance from an Estonian Air Force Antonov An-2 is confirmed for the static display.
A number of civilian aircraft also join the static display; Leonardo M-346 Master, Bristow Helicopters' AW189, a French Broussard utility aircraft, S6 Coyote, PA-28 and EuroFox.
The Army Air Corps increase their participation with a Gazelle and Defender in the static line up.
LATEST UPDATE: 05/04/2018
LATEST UPDATE: 22/02/2018