Changes for 2019
In 2018 the Air Tattoo was selected by the RAF to be the official international celebration of RAF100, and we had a full three day event, asking air forces to arrive a day earlier than usual and putting on a full Friday which made the local area very busy. We were very grateful to those living nearby that accommodated this. This was a one off full three day event for RAF100 so for 2019 we are returning to our previously tried and tested formula with Friday being a preview day with a limited number of tickets and aircraft arrivals still taking place. All the changes are detailed below:
Aircraft arrivals will start on Wednesday 17 July in 2019 and continue on Thursday with the remainder arriving on Friday, around the four hour flying display. Air Arms usually allocate their assets in March/April so the majority of aircraft announcements will start next spring.
- Our accompanied free child offer that was extended to all under-18s as part of the RAF's focus on STEM engagement for RAF100 in 2018 will continue for 2019 so all under 18s with an adult ticket holder will be allowed free entry.
- As in 2018, Super Earlybird (£47) and Earlybird (£52) discounts will not end on a specific date - but change once a set number of tickets has been sold. We will let people know when we were close to selling out of each discount. Please sign up for emails HERE.
- Friday will return to a preview day with a 4 hour flying display with aircraft arrivals either side of this. On Friday the showground will open at 7.30am and close at 6.30pm.
- The green zone of the showground will not be open on Friday however the green car park is in operation and visitors will be bussed to the nearest open area of the showground.
- All enclosures apart from the Viewing Village Garden and Pimm's Flight Deck are open on Friday.
- You now have the option of selecting a Premium or Standard seat in the Viewing Village Grandstand.
- Only Friday Viewing Village Grandstand, Cotswold Club, Aviation Club, First Class Lounge and Lightning will include a free Souvenir Programme per booking to collect on arrival at the enclosure.
- We presume there will be no Breitling Owners enclosure this year, as in 2018.
Buses and Coaches
- Swindon Shuttle Bus continues for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Cheltenham Park & Ride in operation Friday (2 departures only), Saturday and Sunday.
- There will be no Gloucester Park & Ride in 2019 due to the limited interest in 2018.
Park & View
- Park & View will be open on Wednesday and Thursday for aircraft arrivals (not Tuesday in 2019) and Monday for departures, available in advance and on the day as part of our safety obligations to ensure people do not congregate in the surrounding areas.
- Due to very low numbers in 2018 there will not be be a Park & View shuttle bus from Swindon bus station for Park & View.
Parking & Customer Entry Points (CEPs)
- More information about the Official Air Tattoo campsite will follow soon.
Whelford Road Footpath Closure
- The pedestrian entry point will be confirmed in due course.
- Red and Green CEPs will move back to their 2017 locations, closer to the showground to allow for more on base parking.
- Parking will return to the 2017 operation with Red and Green car parks all on the airfield and therefore cars will be parked on both hardstanding and grass.
Ticket Terms & Conditions
- We anticipate that the section of footpath will be closed along Whelford Road towards Kempsford with an alternative footpath and cycle track provided within a field adjacent to the road will be in operation again in 2019.
Two T&C's have been updated/changed for 2019.
- 2. Tickets may be cancelled prior to 1/5/19 and you will be reimbursed the value of your booking less the £20 administration fee. All order cancellation requests should submitted by email to: email@example.com. After 1/5/19 all tickets are non-refundable and no refunds will be made. Administration fees are non-refundable. Orders changed to a different day or ticket type are subject to a £20 administration fee. Order changes can only be processed if tickets for both days/types are still on sale. No changes will be made after 5.00pm on Friday 28 June 2019. When changing bookings for enclosures all passes must be returned before new passes can be issued. Enclosure packs will be posted prior to the show. Lost or damaged enclosure wristbands or passes cannot be replaced. In the event of loss or damage please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and your details will be passed to the enclosure to allow you access, however you will need to present both your admission and enclosure e-tickets to gain entry.
- 7. The Ticket Holder shall not without the Organisers' prior written consent sell, license, or otherwise exploit, or attempt to exploit, any material whether written or in the form of digital or photographic film, sound, video including livestreaming or other recording or computer software obtained or made at the Showground or within the Park & View areas.