Air Tattoo Refund Information
Published: 10 Apr 2020 updated: 19 May 2020
Refund and Cancellation Questions and Answers
Please see the latest information about refunds here. This information was published on 18 May 2020.
- Can I have my money back / How do I get a refund?
Yes, we now have in place a simple process to enable you to request a refund or carry over your 2020 tickets to 2021 - our 50th Anniversary.
If You Would Like to Carry Over Your Booking to 2021:
For those wanting to roll over your bookings to the 16,17, 18 July 2021, thank you! You don't need to do anything, and we will email you by the end of September with more details but don't worry, your tickets are secure.
If You Would Like A Refund:
- Log into your account on AirTattoo.com HERE.
- Go to the My Orders page, you may have to click on My Details to get to this.
- Click on your 2020 booking and you will see if you are able to claim an automatic refund.
- If you paid by cheque, cash, standing order or also purchased merchandise in the same order you will not be able to claim an automatic refund. More information will be sent to you by email shortly. This refund will be processed manually.
Donate to the Trust - If you are requesting a refund we encourage you to give a donation to the Air Tattoo's parent, The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust, so they can continue you their good work. You can do so through their Virgin Money Giving page HERE.
- When will I get my money back?
We have sent you an e-mail (on 18 May) with further instructions of how to claim your refund and after you have requested this via our automated system if should be in your account within 5 days.
- Instead of a refund can I have a 2021 ticket and will I retain my seat in the Grandstand/FRIAT?
Yes, if you would like to carry over your admission tickets and enclosure places to 16, 17, 18 July 2021 then you don't need to do anything and thank you! This includes Park & View, FRIAT and souvenir programmes. We will email you by the end of September but don't worry, your tickets are secure. If you booked a Viewing Village Grandstand seat or FRIAT package your seat number will be carried over too.
- Will I be charged an admin fee for a refund? / Will I get all my money back?
ANS: You will not be charged an admin fee for a refund and we will refund your original admin fee as well.
- Should I be trying to claim back from my credit card provider?
We request you don't try and claim back a refund from your credit/debit card provider, if you bought by credit/debit card as we will have a process to enable you to do this through our own systems which we need to do for auditing.
- Can I talk to someone about my ticket refund?
Yes you can, however our phone lines could be busy and may take longer to answer than usual, which is why we have tried to make it as easy as possible to request a refund online, via your account. Like many companies across the country, we have placed the majority of RAFCTE employees on furlough leave which also means that we will have limited website and social media updates for the time being. We will try and get back to as soon as possible.
- What about the accommodation and travel arrangements I have made? Will I be refunded?
If your accommodation and travel arrangements were made directly between you and the provider, our advice is for you to contact them as soon as possible to find out what their refund policy is.
- How do I donate to the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust?
We would appreciate any donations to the Air Tattoo's parent charity via their Virgin Money Giving page HERE.
- Why can't you reschedule the show for later in the year?
Organising the Air Tattoo is an immensely complex process. The July plan, as it stands, could not simply be lifted up and moved to Sept/Oct. There are too many moving parts that could not be rescheduled later in the year. It is likely to be the same for events such as Glastonbury and Euro 2020 who, like us, are unable to reschedule.
- Is the Air Tattoo postponed or cancelled?
RIAT 2020 is cancelled. However, it is our intention to be back in 2021 to celebrate the airshow's 50th Anniversary.
- Will there be an Air Tattoo in 2021?
2021 will mark the 50th anniversary of the Air Tattoo and we are now focused on planning a spectacular Golden Jubilee.
- When will tickets for 2021 be on sale?
We are already planning for the Air Tattoo 50th Anniversary in 2021 and tickets will be on sale as soon as we know more about the current situation and have shut down our systems from 2020.