Contents - Click on any header to jump straight to the section.
ABOUT ROYAL AIR FORCE CHARITABLE TRUST ENTERPRISES (RAFCTE)
The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises is a not for profit organisation that raises money via Royal Air Force related events, products and services for our parent charity the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust (RAFCT). The RAFCT is the youngest member of the Royal Air Force family of charities and has had a significant and positive impact on the lives of many people.
The Trust supports a wide range of projects and initiatives benefiting RAF serving personnel (both regulars and reserves), cadets and other young people. They offer flying scholarships, invest in STEM initiatives and look to offer support to RAF personnel at home and abroad. Have a look at the type of grants they give at Where the Money Goes
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
RAFCTE collects, uses, discloses, transfers and stores personal data when needed to support various operational and business purposes as described in this Statement.
However, we may collect the categories of data listed below when you:
- Fill in forms on various RAFCTE websites. This includes data provided at the time of registering with us, requesting information about our services, subscribing to our website services, email notifications, making an enquiry through our enquiry form.
- Carry out a transaction or place an order with us relating to the various events, products or services we offer.
- Contact our customer support or helplines
- Interact with RAFCTE in your capacity as a consumer, a business customer, a partner, a supplier, a contractor, a volunteer or any other person with a business relationship with us.
|Category of Data
|Example of Data
||Name, first name, title
||Email, phone number, address, country
|Account Log In
||Log in ID, password or other security code
||Credit / debit card, bank account data (processed but not stored by us)
|Any information that you voluntarily share with us
||Volunteer and supplier engagement information, feedback, opinion, comments, information provided through any of our helplines
The Royal International Air Tattoo app does not collect any user data.
Cookies and tracking
This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. This data is held by us for 365 days.
In order to maintain our operational security and compliance capabilities we may also use additional tracking facilities when registered users access certain systems.
If you have previously shown an interest in our brand, by visiting our website, we will use anonymous browser "cookies" to later show you relevant promotional messages (i.e. advertising) across the web.
Currently we use the following cookies by default:
- ASPSESSIONID: used to identify the current user web session
- BasketInfo: caches the number of items in the current basket to assist with website performance
- Currency: caches the currencyID selected for the user to assist with website performance
- ShopperID: a random alphanumerical value used to track the user between pages and allow eCommerce functionality to operate.
- Other cookies; Conversion Tracking Pixel that tracks when purchases are completed on our site and a simpler Tracking cookie that allows us to remarket to you elsewhere on the web.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function properly as a result.
RAFCTE will use your personal data for the following different legitimate business purposes:
- To provide various online services you have registered for;
- To perform or finalise any transaction or order which you have placed with us;
- To manage your account;
- To send email notifications about your purchase;
- To provide you with support via communication channels, such as customer support;
- To personalise your repeat visits to our website;
- To send you newsletters when you have expressly consented to this;
- Facilitate activities where we work together with you as a supplier, a contractor, a volunteer or any other person with whom we have a business relationship that relies on the exchange and processing of personal data;
- To comply with legal requirements and improve the security of our websites such as the prevention, detection and investigation of a crime and for loss prevention or fraud and to enforce our terms and conditions or policies and business principles as stated in our website;
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to RAFCTE business;
RAFCTE does not share your personal data to others for the purposes of direct marketing unless you give us your express consent to do so. RAFCTE only shares and transfers your personal data only as stated below and in accordance with current privacy legislation and best practices. We may share occasionally none personal, anonymised and statistical data with third parties for our own business purposes.
Below are the parties with whom we may share personal information and why:
- To other RAFCTE Group Companies where it is necessary to meet the purpose for which you have submitted your personal data and in particular if necessary for the provision of events, products, services, account administration, sales, marketing and support. We take steps to ensure that RAFCTE Group Companies follow our data protection policy, this privacy statement and applicable local law when handling personal data.
- To our third-party contractors and providers which perform certain functions on behalf of RAFCTE, such as analysing data, processing credit card payments and cloud hosting services. These parties only have access to such information as necessary to perform their functions and may not use it for any purpose other than to provide services to us.
- For any reason if, RAFCTE believes it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy any laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; in the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture or assignment to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Business Principles values or other terms and conditions; or to otherwise protect the RAFCTE business.
RAFCTE will retain your personal data for the period of time that is necessary to fulfil the original purposes for which it has been collected. In certain cases, a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law or to allow RAFCTE to pursue its business interests, conducing audits, comply with our legal obligations, enforce our agreements or resolve any dispute.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- How long is the data needed to provide you with our products or services or to operate our business?
- If you have an account with us, we will keep your data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide the services to you.
- Sometimes we are subject to legal, contractual, or other obligation to retain your data. Examples can include mandatory data retention laws, government regulations to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for contract or legal reasons.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us to prevent unauthorised access, loss or destruction of your personal data.
We continually initiate modernisation programmes for our IT infrastructure to further improve our security and adopt privacy by design principles into our business processes.
The RAFCTE site contains links to other websites. We do not control and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites.
We are committed to ensuring that you can exercise your right of access and you can control your data.
If you are registered for an account on any RAFCTE service we will soon be providing you with direct access to your online profile. This will allow you to update your personal details and manage this information if legally possible simply by logging into the applicable service with your username or password.
If you already have an online account with us, you can log already amend some details - we will also be extending these self-service capabilities in the coming months. If you are in receipt of marketing emails from us, you can easily unsubscribe simply by clicking the unsubscribe button in any of our emails.
Otherwise, and in accordance with our internal procedures, we will respond to the following requests as described below. All requests shall be addressed via our on-line privacy request form or by contacting us in writing at the address mentioned in the contact us section.
- Access to personal information: you have the right to request what personal data we hold about you subject to our right to identity verification. If you are requesting a copy of your data, we may charge you a fee except where this is not permissible under English law.
- Correction and deletion: according to data protection laws in the EU you (data subjects) have the right to correct or amend your personal data if it is inaccurate or requires to be updated. You may also have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, however this is may not be always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations to keep such data. If we are requested to delete your data, we may keep some minimal information about you to be able to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our obligations.
- Marketing preferences: you can object to certain data processing operations. An example being opting out from marketing communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link located on the bottom of RAFCTE marketing emails or if you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes by unsubscribing here.
- Filing a complaint: any complaints about our adherence to the practices described in this Statement shall be addressed as described above. Various data protection laws (including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA) in the EU and the UK provide you the right to lodge a formal complaint with a data protection authority which in the UK is the ICO, whose contact link is here.
- If you wish to contact the RAFCTE regarding anything relating to your personal data please contact via:
- customer support on 01285 713300
- or email email@example.com
- our office address: The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises, Douglas Bader House, Horcott Hill, Fairford, Gloucestershire, GL7 4RB, United Kingdom.
We will do our best to address your request within a reasonable timeframe and free of charge, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. In certain cases, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
RAFCTE may send you regular marketing communications about our events and services, via our newsletter, in accordance with relevant marketing laws.
- You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications to you by opting-out of them.
- You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you, at any time by using the Privacy request form mentioned above.
Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing communications, you might still receive administrative communications from us, regarding any volunteer role you have with us and other important notices relating to any legislative requirements we may have to conform with.