Planning your Visit
To help make your day at the Air Tattoo more enjoyable and to ensure a safe event, please have a look at our hints and tips below:
For your Enjoyment and Comfort ...
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep hydrated during a day outdoors.
- A hat is advisable in direct
sunlightespecially for children.
- Sun tan lotion is essential, even on a cloudy or hazy day.
- Some aircraft are loud! Use ear defenders or ear plugs to protect your own hearing and your children's. Purchase ear defenders from any Official Air Tattoo Souvenir Outlet.
- Make a note of which car park you leave your car in (Red, Blue or Green). Only buses & coaches are at yellow.
- Make use of the large maps found across the Air Tattoo showground - they will show you all the sights and attractions.
- Look out for the Air Tattoo CREW around the showground who can answer any questions you may have.
- Pick up a free welcome leaflet and map when you arrive, these are given out by Air Cadets at the Entry Points.
- Use the FREE bus service operating from each entrance gate and along the showground. The map shows where the bus stops are and lists the main attractions in each area.
- Tune into the Air Tattoo's own radio station Air Tattoo Live on 87.7 Mhz for the latest air show news and traffic reports.
- Pre-arrange a meeting point in the show in case you get separated from family and friends.
- Please make use of the
re-cyclingfacilities around the showground.
- The erection of tents, gazebos, windbreaks and ladders on the showground can block the view for
others. These items are prohibited within 10 metresof the crowdline.
- The official Souvenir Programme has all the information that you need. It is available from Official Air Tattoo Merchandise and Programme Sellers.
- Use our Drop Zone facility to leave heavy items in a safe and secure place while you explore the showground. Situated at the Blue Service Station, the Drop Zone is free of charge although voluntary donations are welcome.
- Service Stations provide a number of facilities including one in each of the
colouredzones. Facilities include food and drink, visitor information, FREE WiFi, cash points, Official Air Tattoo Merchandise Outlets, picnic benches, sheltered areas and public toilets.
We Encourage You To
- Talk to the aircrew and ask questions. They are there because they enjoy the airshow as much as you do!
- Enjoy a walk around the static line-up - you'll be amazed by the number and variety of aircraft on show.
- Take as many photographs as you wish.
- Support our sponsors and the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust - they have helped us bring this event to you.
Safety First ...
- Security personnel put your safety first. Please follow their directions and remain outside of roped-off areas.
- Please remain
alertto any suspicious activity, persons or unaccompanied baggage. Should you become worried by anything you see, please report this immediately to the Police, Information Point or any Air Tattoo Official Souvenir Outlet.
- Please refrain from touching aircraft and equipment unless invited to do so by the aircrew.
- Please put litter in the bins provided. Debris is a serious hazard to aircraft.
- You are not allowed to bring animals onto the airfield. The car parks will be checked regularly and the relevant agencies may be called if a distressed animal is found in a locked vehicle.
In this section....
- How to Get Here
Whatever mode of transport you'll be arriving by, find out the best route to take for the simplest journey
- Where To Stay
Situated in the Cotswolds, the event is surrounded by stunning villages and towns offering accommodation and things to see
- Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? Why not see if it's included in our Frequently Asked Questions here...